LOCATE ARREST RECORD

First Name:
Last Name:
Year of birth:
State:
  

OFFENDERS IN YOUR AREA

          

Area Police Stations

Albany Police Department
John Proctor(Chief of Police)
201 W Oglethorpe Blvd,
Albany, GA, 31701
(229)431-2132
http://www.albany.ga.us/

Dougherty County Police Department
Don Cheek(Chief of Police)
2106 Habersham Rd,
Albany, GA, 31701
(229)430-6600

Browse Albany, GA Police Arrest Reports


The city of Albany, also called "The Good Life City", "The Artesian City" encompasses the following counties: Dougherty. Albany's government is comprised of the Mayor, who is currently Dorothy Hubbard (D).

Albany encompasses land area: 55.5 sq mi (144.8 km2), water area: 0.3 sq mi (0.9 km2). The elevation is 203 ft (62 m) above sea level. According to the 2010 United States Census, the local population is 77,434 (city proper). This equates to a population density of 1,385.5/sq mi (535.0/km2). The local time zone is EST (UTC-5).

Local area codes are 229. The Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) code for the city is 13-01052, which is used in computer filings when non-government agencies and contractors fulfill government contracts.

Albany is a city in and the county seat of Dougherty County, Georgia, United States, in the southwestern part of the state. It is the principal city of the Albany, Georgia metropolitan area and the southwest part of the state. The population was 77,434 at the 2010 U.S. Census, making it the eighth-largest city in Georgia.

The area where Albany is located was formerly inhabited by the Creek Indians, who called it Thronateeska after their word for 'flint' because of the mineral flint that was found near the river. The Creeks used this flintstone to make tools and weapons such as arrowheads.

American settlement began with Nelson Tift, a businessman from Connecticut, who took land along the Flint River in October 1836 after Indian removal. The Creek were forced to relocate to Indian Territory west of the Mississippi River. Tift named his new town Albany after the capital of New York; both were located at the navigable heads of rivers. Alexander Shotwell laid out the town in 1836. It was incorporated as a city by an act of the General Assembly of Georgia on December 27, 1838.


POPULAR SEARCHES