First Name:
Last Name:
Year of birth:



Area Police Stations

Kentucky Horse Park Mounted Police
George Atwood(Chief of Police)
4089 Ironworks Pike,
Lexington, KY, 40517

Lexington Police Department
Ronnie Bastin(Chief of Police)
150 E Main St,
Lexington, KY, 40507

Lexington-Fayette Animal Care & Control, LLC
Nathan Bowling(Chief)
1600 Old Frankfort Pike,
Lexington, KY, 40504

Browse Lexington, KY Police Arrest Reports

The city of Lexington, also called "Horse Capital of the World", "Athens of the West" encompasses the following counties: Fayette. Lexington's government is comprised of the Mayor, who is currently Jim Gray (D).

Lexington encompasses land area: 284.5 sq mi (736.9 km2), water area: 1.0 sq mi (2.6 km2). The elevation is 978 ft (298 m) above sea level. This equates to a population density of 1,042.8/sq mi (364.5/km2). The local time zone is EST (UTC−5).

Local area codes are 859. Additional information and the official website of the city is found at http://www.lexingtonky.gov/.

Lexington (officially Lexington-Fayette Urban County) is the second-largest city in Kentucky and the 62nd largest in the US. Known as the 'Thoroughbred City' and the 'Horse Capital of the World', it is located in the heart of Kentucky's Bluegrass region. In the 2011 Census the city's population was 301,569, anchoring a metropolitan area of 472,099 people and a Combined Statistical Area of 687,173 people.

Lexington ranks tenth among US cities in college education rate, with 39.5% of residents having at least a bachelor's degree. It is the location of the Kentucky Horse Park, Keeneland race course, The Red Mile race course, Transylvania University, the University of Kentucky and Bluegrass Community & Technical College. It serves as home to the headquarters of Tempur-Pedic International, Big Ass Fans, and Lexmark International.

Lexington was founded in June 1775 in what was then Virginia (17 years before Kentucky became a state in 1792). A party of frontiersmen, led by William McConnell, camped on the Middle Fork of Elkhorn Creek (today called Town Branch and rerouted under Vine Street) at the location known today as McConnell Springs. Upon hearing of the colonists' victory in the Battles of Lexington and Concord, on April 19, 1775, they named their campsite Lexington after Lexington, Massachusetts. Due to the danger of Indian attacks, permanent settlement was delayed for four years. In 1779, Colonel Robert Patterson and 25 companions came from Fort Harrod and erected a blockhouse. Cabins and a stockade were soon built, making the fort, known as Bryan Station, a place of importance. Colonists defended it against a British and American Indian attack in 1782, during the last part of the American Revolution.