Sebastian County, AR Arrest Records
Sebastian County, AR is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.49 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Pulaski, Garland, Washington, Boone, Saline counties in Arkansas.
Sebastian County, AR property crime rate is 2.45 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 190 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 0.52% compared to 2015.
Sebastian County, AR Crime Rate
Total arrests in Sebastian County in 2016 increased by 6.23% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 36 to 62 while non-violent crime decreased by 1.26% from 317 to 313.
5 Crimes In Sebastian County, AR in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||19|
Violent crime rate in Sebastian County increased by 72.22% from 2015 and decreased by 25.3% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 83 to 62. In 2016 violent crime rate in Sebastian County was 89.66% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.049%.
Property crime rates in Sebastian County decreased by 1.26% from 2015 and decreased by 12.08% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 356 to 313. In 2016 property crime rate in Sebastian County was 91.38% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.245%.
How Sebastian stands up against other counties
Sebastian vs. Faulkner
You’ll be in more safety in Sebastian compared to Faulkner county that had 223.98% higher crime rate compared to Sebastian county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.1174 per 1,000 people is higher than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.2209 in Faulkner county.
Burglary rates of 0.8138 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and lower than average 2.3317 in Faulkner county.
Sebastian vs. Saline
You’ll be in more safety in Sebastian compared to Saline county that had 185.65% higher crime rate compared to Sebastian county according to the FBI.
Murder rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0614 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0168 in Saline county.
Motor Vehicle Theft rates of 0.1487 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8637 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.9688 in Saline county.
Names with the most arrests in Sebastian
Crime rate by age group, gender, and race
According to the records in Sebastian, Arkansas, the most crimes, that's 33.79% of all records in county are committed by the people aged between 21-30.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Sebastian County is 0.91% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 0.8 daily crimes that occur in Sebastian County.
- Sebastian, AR is safer than Faulkner.
- In Sebastian County you have a 1 in 341 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Sebastian, AR have increased by 6.23%.
Sebastian Police Departments
- Barling Police Department
- Fort Chaffee Department of Public Safety
- Fort Smith Police Department
- Greenwood Police Department
- Hackett Police Department
- Hartford Police Department
- Lavaca Police Department
- Office of the United States Marshal for the Western District of Arkansas
- Sebastian County Sheriff's Office
- University of Arkansas - Fort Smith Police Department
- University of Arkansas at Fort Smith Police Department