Winnebago County, IL Arrest Records
Winnebago County, IL is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.47 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Sangamon, Madison, Champaign, Peoria, Vermilion counties in Illinois.
Winnebago County, IL property crime rate is 3.06 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 530 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that increased by 44.02% compared to 2015.
Winnebago County, IL Crime Rate
Total arrests in Winnebago County in 2016 increased by 24.44% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes decreased from 141 to 134 while non-violent crime increased by 30.64% from 669 to 874.
5 Crimes In Winnebago County, IL in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||59|
Violent crime rate in Winnebago County decreased by 4.96% from 2015 and increased by 44.09% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 93 to 134. In 2016 violent crime rate in Winnebago County was 90.01% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.047%.
Property crime rates in Winnebago County increased by 30.64% from 2015 and decreased by 15.88% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 1,039 to 874. In 2016 property crime rate in Winnebago County was 89.24% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.306%.
How Winnebago stands up against other counties
Winnebago vs. Madison
You’ll be in more safety in Winnebago compared to Madison county that had 21.87% higher crime rate compared to Winnebago county according to the FBI.
Murder rates of 0.0105 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0614 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0000 in Madison county.
Larceny rates of 1.8540 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and lower than average 2.7506 in Madison county.
Winnebago vs. McHenry
You’ll be in more risk in Winnebago compared to McHenry county that had 67.76% lower crime rate compared to Winnebago county according to the FBI.
Assault rates of 0.2694 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8422 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.1792 in McHenry county.
Burglary rates of 0.9969 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.1726 in McHenry county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Winnebago County is 0.89% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 0.97 daily crimes that occur in Winnebago County.
- Winnebago, IL is safer than Madison.
- In Winnebago County you have a 1 in 284 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Winnebago, IL have increased by 24.44%.
Winnebago Police Departments
- Cherry Valley Police Department
- Durand Police Department
- Lawrenceville Police Department
- Loves Park Police Department
- Pecatonica Police Department
- Rock Valley College Police Department
- Rockford Park District Police Department
- Rockford Police Department
- Rockton Police Department
- Roscoe Police Department
- South Beloit Police Department
- Winnebago County Sheriff's Office
- Winnebago Police Department