Kosciusko County, IN Arrest Records
Kosciusko County, IN is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.78 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has higher total crime rate than Allen, Clark, Howard, Lake, Vanderburgh counties in Indiana.
Kosciusko County, IN property crime rate is 6.28 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 315 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 8.96% compared to 2015.
Kosciusko County, IN Crime Rate
Total arrests in Kosciusko County in 2016 increased by 0.36% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes decreased from 62 to 62 while non-violent crime increased by 0.4% from 495 to 497.
5 Crimes In Kosciusko County, IN in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||27|
Violent crime rate in Kosciusko County decreased by 0% from 2015 and increased by 87.88% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 33 to 62. In 2016 violent crime rate in Kosciusko County was 83.3% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.078%.
Property crime rates in Kosciusko County increased by 0.4% from 2015 and decreased by 29.2% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 702 to 497. In 2016 property crime rate in Kosciusko County was 77.89% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.628%.
How Kosciusko stands up against other counties
Kosciusko vs. Floyd
You’ll be in more risk in Kosciusko compared to Floyd county that had 22.45% lower crime rate compared to Kosciusko county according to the FBI.
Murder rates of 0.0126 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0614 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0130 in Floyd county.
Motor Vehicle Theft rates of 0.3414 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8637 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.4546 in Floyd county.
Kosciusko vs. Howard
You’ll be in more risk in Kosciusko compared to Howard county that had 40.2% lower crime rate compared to Kosciusko county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0000 in Howard county.
Larceny rates of 3.9827 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and higher than average 1.8046 in Howard county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Kosciusko County is 0.79% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 1.94 daily crimes that occur in Kosciusko County.
- Kosciusko, IN is more violent than Floyd.
- In Kosciusko County you have a 1 in 141 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Kosciusko, IN have increased by 0.36%.
Kosciusko Police Departments
- Claypool Police Department
- Kosciusko County Prosecutor's Office
- Kosciusko County Sheriff's Office
- Milford Police Department
- North Webster Police Department
- Paul Schmitt
- Pierceton Police Department
- Silver Lake Police Department
- Syracuse Police Department
- Warsaw Police Department
- Winona Lake Police Department