Cumberland County, ME Arrest Records
Cumberland County, ME is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.07 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Lincoln, Somerset, Oxford, Knox, Washington counties in Maine.
Cumberland County, ME property crime rate is 1.84 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 312 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 1.89% compared to 2015.
Cumberland County, ME Crime Rate
Total arrests in Cumberland County in 2016 decreased by 2.96% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes decreased from 25 to 21 while non-violent crime decreased by 2.37% from 549 to 536.
5 Crimes In Cumberland County, ME in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||34|
Violent crime rate in Cumberland County decreased by 16% from 2015 and decreased by 25% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 28 to 21. In 2016 violent crime rate in Cumberland County was 98.47% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.007%.
Property crime rates in Cumberland County decreased by 2.37% from 2015 and decreased by 40.84% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 906 to 536. In 2016 property crime rate in Cumberland County was 93.54% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.184%.
How Cumberland stands up against other counties
Cumberland vs. York
You’ll be in more risk in Cumberland compared to York county that had 8.79% lower crime rate compared to Cumberland county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.0171 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0198 in York county.
Arson rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0000 in York county.
Cumberland vs. Penobscot
You’ll be in more safety in Cumberland compared to Penobscot county that had 19.16% higher crime rate compared to Cumberland county according to the FBI.
Murder rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0614 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0000 in Penobscot county.
Motor Vehicle Theft rates of 0.1164 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8637 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0725 in Penobscot county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Cumberland County is 0.94% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 0.52 daily crimes that occur in Cumberland County.
- Cumberland, ME is more violent than York.
- In Cumberland County you have a 1 in 524 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Cumberland, ME have decreased by 2.96%.
Cumberland Police Departments
- Bridgton Police Department
- Brunswick Naval Air Station Police Department
- Brunswick Police Department
- Cape Elizabeth Police Department
- Cumberland County Sheriff's Office
- Cumberland Police Department
- Falmouth Police Department
- Freeport Police Department
- Frye Island Police Department
- Gorham Police Department
- Portland Police Department
- Scarborough Police Department
- South Portland Police Department
- University of Southern Maine Police
- Westbrook Police Department
- Windham Police Department
- Yarmouth Police Department