Washoe County, NV Arrest Records
Washoe County, NV is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.29 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Lyon, Nye, Douglas, Elko, Storey counties in Nevada.
Washoe County, NV property crime rate is 1.70 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 465 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 5.87% compared to 2015.
Washoe County, NV Crime Rate
Total arrests in Washoe County in 2016 decreased by 8.24% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes decreased from 172 to 132 while non-violent crime decreased by 5.06% from 811 to 770.
5 Crimes In Washoe County, NV in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||103|
Violent crime rate in Washoe County decreased by 23.26% from 2015 and decreased by 30.16% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 189 to 132. In 2016 violent crime rate in Washoe County was 93.8% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.029%.
Property crime rates in Washoe County decreased by 5.06% from 2015 and decreased by 17.56% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 934 to 770. In 2016 property crime rate in Washoe County was 94.03% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.17%.
How Washoe stands up against other counties
Washoe vs. Lyon
You’ll be in more safety in Washoe compared to Lyon county that had 565.75% higher crime rate compared to Washoe county according to the FBI.
Assault rates of 0.2205 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8422 per 1,000 people and lower than average 2.0873 in Lyon county.
Arson rates of 0.0154 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.1316 in Lyon county.
Washoe vs. Elko
You’ll be in more safety in Washoe compared to Elko county that had 132.32% higher crime rate compared to Washoe county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.0154 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0000 in Elko county.
Larceny rates of 1.0251 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and lower than average 2.4344 in Elko county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Washoe County is 0.94% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 0.54 daily crimes that occur in Washoe County.
- Washoe, NV is safer than Lyon.
- In Washoe County you have a 1 in 503 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Washoe, NV have decreased by 8.24%.
Washoe Police Departments
- Nevada Department of Wildlife
- Nevada Parole and Probation
- Paiute Tribal Police
- Pyramid Lake Tribal Police
- Reno Police Department
- Reno Sparks Indian Colony Tribal Police
- Sparks Police Department
- Truckee Meadows Community College Police Department
- University of Nevada Reno Police Department
- University Police Department
- Washoe County School District Police Department
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office