Albany County, NY Arrest Records
Albany County, NY is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.06 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Nassau, Onondaga, Saratoga, Oneida, Erie counties in New York.
Albany County, NY property crime rate is 0.51 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 124 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that increased by 72.22% compared to 2015.
Albany County, NY Crime Rate
Total arrests in Albany County in 2016 increased by 38.58% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 17 to 19 while non-violent crime increased by 42.73% from 110 to 157.
5 Crimes In Albany County, NY in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||9|
Violent crime rate in Albany County increased by 11.76% from 2015 and increased by 18.75% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 16 to 19. In 2016 violent crime rate in Albany County was 98.69% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.006%.
Property crime rates in Albany County increased by 42.73% from 2015 and decreased by 11.8% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 178 to 157. In 2016 property crime rate in Albany County was 98.21% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.051%.
How Albany stands up against other counties
Albany vs. Dutchess
You’ll be in more safety in Albany compared to Dutchess county that had 216.43% higher crime rate compared to Albany county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0068 in Dutchess county.
Arson rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0000 in Dutchess county.
Albany vs. Rockland
You’ll be in more risk in Albany compared to Rockland county that had 78.52% lower crime rate compared to Albany county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0000 in Rockland county.
Motor Vehicle Theft rates of 0.0291 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8637 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0031 in Rockland county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Albany County is 0.98% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 0.16 daily crimes that occur in Albany County.
- Albany, NY is safer than Dutchess.
- In Albany County you have a 1 in 1755 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Albany, NY have increased by 38.58%.
Albany Police Departments
- Albany County
- Albany County District Attorney's Office
- Albany County Sheriff's Department
- Albany Police Department
- Altamont Police Department
- Bethlehem Police Department
- Coeymans Police Department
- Cohoes Police Department
- Colonie Police Department
- Green Island Police Department
- Guilderland Police Department
- Menands Police Department
- New York State Fire Inspection and Investigation Branch
- NYState Department of Corrections and Community Supervision
- NYState DMV Division of Field Investigations
- NYState Forest Rangers
- NYState Office of Tax Enforcement
- NYState Park Police
- NYState Police
- State University of NYPolice
- VA Police Department
- Watervliet Police Department