Broome County, NY Arrest Records
Broome County, NY is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.23 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Nassau, Onondaga, Saratoga, Niagara, Ontario counties in New York.
Broome County, NY property crime rate is 2.70 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 362 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 39.67% compared to 2015.
Broome County, NY Crime Rate
Total arrests in Broome County in 2016 decreased by 27.01% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes decreased from 58 to 45 while non-violent crime decreased by 27.37% from 727 to 528.
5 Crimes In Broome County, NY in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||25|
Violent crime rate in Broome County decreased by 22.41% from 2015 and decreased by 28.57% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 63 to 45. In 2016 violent crime rate in Broome County was 95.09% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.023%.
Property crime rates in Broome County decreased by 27.37% from 2015 and decreased by 42.04% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 911 to 528. In 2016 property crime rate in Broome County was 90.49% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.27%.
How Broome stands up against other counties
Broome vs. Ulster
You’ll be in more risk in Broome compared to Ulster county that had 53.97% lower crime rate compared to Broome county according to the FBI.
Assault rates of 0.1382 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8422 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.1339 in Ulster county.
Larceny rates of 1.8532 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.8369 in Ulster county.
Broome vs. Niagara
You’ll be in more safety in Broome compared to Niagara county that had 43.6% higher crime rate compared to Broome county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.0256 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0944 in Niagara county.
Arson rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0142 in Niagara county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Broome County is 0.91% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 0.8 daily crimes that occur in Broome County.
- Broome, NY is more violent than Ulster.
- In Broome County you have a 1 in 341 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Broome, NY have decreased by 27.01%.
Broome Police Departments
- Binghamton Police Department
- Broome Community College Public Safety
- Broome County
- Broome County District Attorney's Office
- Broome County Government Security Division
- Broome County Sheriff's Office
- Deposit Police Department
- Endicott Police Department
- Johnson City Police Department
- Port Dickinson Police Department
- Vestal Police Department