Chautauqua County, NY Arrest Records
Chautauqua County, NY is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.39 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has higher total crime rate than Onondaga, Oneida, Erie, Niagara, Oswego counties in New York.
Chautauqua County, NY property crime rate is 4.41 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 368 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 6.12% compared to 2015.
Chautauqua County, NY Crime Rate
Total arrests in Chautauqua County in 2016 decreased by 0.64% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 33 to 51 while non-violent crime decreased by 3.71% from 593 to 571.
5 Crimes In Chautauqua County, NY in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||22|
Violent crime rate in Chautauqua County increased by 54.55% from 2015 and increased by 155% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 20 to 51. In 2016 violent crime rate in Chautauqua County was 91.61% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.039%.
Property crime rates in Chautauqua County decreased by 3.71% from 2015 and decreased by 25.94% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 771 to 571. In 2016 property crime rate in Chautauqua County was 84.49% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.441%.
How Chautauqua stands up against other counties
Chautauqua vs. Oswego
You’ll be in more risk in Chautauqua compared to Oswego county that had 37.01% lower crime rate compared to Chautauqua county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.1313 per 1,000 people is higher than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.2185 in Oswego county.
Arson rates of 0.0154 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0000 in Oswego county.
Chautauqua vs. Jefferson
You’ll be in more risk in Chautauqua compared to Jefferson county that had 43.39% lower crime rate compared to Chautauqua county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.1313 per 1,000 people is higher than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.1316 in Jefferson county.
Motor Vehicle Theft rates of 0.1699 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8637 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0526 in Jefferson county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Chautauqua County is 0.85% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 1.32 daily crimes that occur in Chautauqua County.
- Chautauqua, NY is more violent than Oswego.
- In Chautauqua County you have a 1 in 208 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Chautauqua, NY have decreased by 0.64%.
Chautauqua Police Departments
- Carroll Police Department
- Chautauqua County
- Chautauqua County District Attorney's Office
- Chautauqua County Sheriff's Office
- City of Dunkirk Police Department
- Dunkirk Police Department
- Ellicott Police Department
- Fredonia Police Department
- Jamestown Police Department
- Lakewood Police Department
- Lakewood-Busti Police Department
- Mayville Police Department
- Silver Creek Police Department
- Town of Ellicott Police Department
- Westfield Police Department