Erie County, NY Arrest Records
Erie County, NY is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.08 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Nassau, Onondaga, Saratoga, Oneida, Niagara counties in New York.
Erie County, NY property crime rate is 0.83 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 600 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 7.12% compared to 2015.
Erie County, NY Crime Rate
Total arrests in Erie County in 2016 decreased by 10.81% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes decreased from 77 to 71 while non-violent crime decreased by 11.09% from 857 to 762.
5 Crimes In Erie County, NY in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||21|
Violent crime rate in Erie County decreased by 7.79% from 2015 and decreased by 43.65% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 126 to 71. In 2016 violent crime rate in Erie County was 98.36% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.008%.
Property crime rates in Erie County decreased by 11.09% from 2015 and decreased by 27.7% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 1,054 to 762. In 2016 property crime rate in Erie County was 97.09% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.083%.
How Erie stands up against other counties
Erie vs. Nassau
You’ll be in more safety in Erie compared to Nassau county that had 859.68% higher crime rate compared to Erie county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.0130 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.3511 in Nassau county.
Larceny rates of 0.6514 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and lower than average 6.6500 in Nassau county.
Erie vs. Onondaga
You’ll be in more safety in Erie compared to Onondaga county that had 367.24% higher crime rate compared to Erie county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.0130 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0729 in Onondaga county.
Motor Vehicle Theft rates of 0.0228 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8637 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.1459 in Onondaga county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Erie County is 0.97% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 0.25 daily crimes that occur in Erie County.
- Erie, NY is safer than Nassau.
- In Erie County you have a 1 in 1106 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Erie, NY have decreased by 10.81%.
Erie Police Departments
- Akron Police Department
- Amherst Police Department
- Brant Police Department
- Buffalo Police Department
- Cheektowaga Police Department
- City of Tonawanda Police Department
- Depew Police Department
- East Aurora Police Department
- Eden Police Department
- Erie Community College campus safety
- Erie County
- Erie County District Attorney's Office
- Erie County Sheriff's Office
- Evans Police Department
- Grand Island Police Department
- Hamburg Police Department
- Kenmore Police Department
- Lackawanna Police Department
- Lancaster Police Department
- Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority Transit Police Department
- North Collins Police Department
- Office of the United States Marshal for the Western District of New York
- Orchard Park Police Department
- State University of New York Buffalo State College Police Department
- Tonawanda Police Department
- Town of Lancaster Police Department
- Town of Tonawanda Police Department
- Village of North Collins Police Department Municipal Building
- West Seneca Police Department