Jefferson County, NY Arrest Records
Jefferson County, NY is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.33 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Nassau, Onondaga, Saratoga, Niagara, Ontario counties in New York.
Jefferson County, NY property crime rate is 2.39 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 218 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that increased by 29.76% compared to 2015.
Jefferson County, NY Crime Rate
Total arrests in Jefferson County in 2016 increased by 37.17% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 22 to 38 while non-violent crime increased by 33.33% from 204 to 272.
5 Crimes In Jefferson County, NY in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||6|
Violent crime rate in Jefferson County increased by 72.73% from 2015 and increased by 40.74% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 27 to 38. In 2016 violent crime rate in Jefferson County was 92.9% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.033%.
Property crime rates in Jefferson County increased by 33.33% from 2015 and increased by 8.8% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 250 to 272. In 2016 property crime rate in Jefferson County was 91.61% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.239%.
How Jefferson stands up against other counties
Jefferson vs. Ontario
You’ll be in more safety in Jefferson compared to Ontario county that had 223.13% higher crime rate compared to Jefferson county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.0088 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0637 in Ontario county.
Motor Vehicle Theft rates of 0.0526 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8637 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.1548 in Ontario county.
Jefferson vs. Oswego
You’ll be in more safety in Jefferson compared to Oswego county that had 11.27% higher crime rate compared to Jefferson county according to the FBI.
Murder rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0614 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0000 in Oswego county.
Arson rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0000 in Oswego county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Jefferson County is 0.92% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 0.74 daily crimes that occur in Jefferson County.
- Jefferson, NY is safer than Ontario.
- In Jefferson County you have a 1 in 368 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Jefferson, NY have increased by 37.17%.
Jefferson Police Departments
- Adams Police Department
- Alexandria Bay Village Police Department
- Alexandria Police Department
- Antwerp Police Department
- Black River Police Department
- Brownville Police Department
- Cape Vincent Police Department
- Carthage Police Department
- Clayton Police Department
- Dexter Police Department
- Jefferson County
- Jefferson County District Attorney's Office
- Jefferson County Sheriff's Office
- Philadelphia Police Department
- Sacketts Harbor Police Department
- Theresa Police Department
- Village of Antwerp Police Department
- Watertown Police Department
- West Carthage Police Department