Schenectady County, NY Arrest Records
Schenectady County, NY is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.01 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Nassau, Onondaga, Saratoga, Oneida, Erie counties in New York.
Schenectady County, NY property crime rate is 0.10 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 9 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 0.00% compared to 2015.
Schenectady County, NY Crime Rate
Total arrests in Schenectady County in 2016 increased by 41.67% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes decreased from 1 to 1 while non-violent crime increased by 45.45% from 11 to 16.
5 Crimes In Schenectady County, NY in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||1|
Violent crime rate in Schenectady County decreased by 0% from 2015 and decreased by 50% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 2 to 1. In 2016 violent crime rate in Schenectady County was 99.86% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.001%.
Property crime rates in Schenectady County increased by 45.45% from 2015 and increased by 23.08% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 13 to 16. In 2016 property crime rate in Schenectady County was 99.64% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.01%.
How Schenectady stands up against other counties
Schenectady vs. Rensselaer
You’ll be in more safety in Schenectady compared to Rensselaer county that had 1399.42% higher crime rate compared to Schenectady county according to the FBI.
Murder rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0614 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0062 in Rensselaer county.
Larceny rates of 0.0582 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and lower than average 1.2557 in Rensselaer county.
Schenectady vs. Ulster
You’ll be in more safety in Schenectady compared to Ulster county that had 1127.57% higher crime rate compared to Schenectady county according to the FBI.
Assault rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8422 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.1339 in Ulster county.
Burglary rates of 0.0388 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.2455 in Ulster county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Schenectady County is 1% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 0.03 daily crimes that occur in Schenectady County.
- Schenectady, NY is safer than Rensselaer.
- In Schenectady County you have a 1 in 9091 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Schenectady, NY have increased by 41.67%.
Schenectady Police Departments
- Glenville Police Department
- Niskayuna Police Department
- Rotterdam Police Department
- Schenectady County
- Schenectady County District Attorney's Office
- Schenectady County Sheriff's Office
- Schenectady Police Department
- Scotia Police Department
- Town of Glenville Police Department
- Town of Niskayuna Police Department