Sullivan County, NY Arrest Records
Sullivan County, NY is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.39 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has higher total crime rate than Onondaga, Oneida, Erie, Niagara, Oswego counties in New York.
Sullivan County, NY property crime rate is 3.93 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 233 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 9.69% compared to 2015.
Sullivan County, NY Crime Rate
Total arrests in Sullivan County in 2016 decreased by 9.01% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 18 to 29 while non-violent crime decreased by 12.76% from 337 to 294.
5 Crimes In Sullivan County, NY in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||5|
Violent crime rate in Sullivan County increased by 61.11% from 2015 and increased by 16% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 25 to 29. In 2016 violent crime rate in Sullivan County was 91.74% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.039%.
Property crime rates in Sullivan County decreased by 12.76% from 2015 and decreased by 44.42% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 529 to 294. In 2016 property crime rate in Sullivan County was 86.17% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.393%.
How Sullivan stands up against other counties
Sullivan vs. Cattaraugus
You’ll be in more risk in Sullivan compared to Cattaraugus county that had 5.79% lower crime rate compared to Sullivan county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.2446 in Cattaraugus county.
Larceny rates of 3.1149 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and higher than average 2.3173 in Cattaraugus county.
Sullivan vs. Cayuga
You’ll be in more risk in Sullivan compared to Cayuga county that had 44.08% lower crime rate compared to Sullivan county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.1927 in Cayuga county.
Arson rates of 0.0401 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0128 in Cayuga county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Sullivan County is 0.87% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 1.18 daily crimes that occur in Sullivan County.
- Sullivan, NY is more violent than Cattaraugus.
- In Sullivan County you have a 1 in 232 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Sullivan, NY have decreased by 9.01%.
Sullivan Police Departments
- Fallsburg Police Department
- Liberty Police Department
- Lumberland Constabulary
- Monticello Police Department
- Narrowsburg Police Department
- South Fallsburg Police Department
- Sullivan Community College Public Safety
- Sullivan County
- Sullivan County District Attorney's Office
- Sullivan County Sheriff's Office
- Village of Liberty Police Department
- Woodridge Police Department