Hidalgo County, TX Arrest Records
Hidalgo County, TX is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.69 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Harris, Montgomery, Smith, Bastrop, Henderson counties in Texas.
Hidalgo County, TX property crime rate is 5.33 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 2,813 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that increased by 4.22% compared to 2015.
Hidalgo County, TX Crime Rate
Total arrests in Hidalgo County in 2016 decreased by 1.71% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes decreased from 684 to 586 while non-violent crime increased by 0.2% from 4,519 to 4,528.
5 Crimes In Hidalgo County, TX in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||298|
Violent crime rate in Hidalgo County decreased by 14.33% from 2015 and increased by 11.62% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 525 to 586. In 2016 violent crime rate in Hidalgo County was 85.31% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.069%.
Property crime rates in Hidalgo County increased by 0.2% from 2015 and decreased by 32.3% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 6,688 to 4,528. In 2016 property crime rate in Hidalgo County was 81.26% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.533%.
How Hidalgo stands up against other counties
Hidalgo vs. Denton
You’ll be in more risk in Hidalgo compared to Denton county that had 85.57% lower crime rate compared to Hidalgo county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.1530 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0099 in Denton county.
Motor Vehicle Theft rates of 0.3507 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8637 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0744 in Denton county.
Hidalgo vs. Collin
You’ll be in more risk in Hidalgo compared to Collin county that had 92.38% lower crime rate compared to Hidalgo county according to the FBI.
Murder rates of 0.0118 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0614 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0032 in Collin county.
Larceny rates of 3.3100 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.2437 in Collin county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Hidalgo County is 0.82% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 1.65 daily crimes that occur in Hidalgo County.
- Hidalgo, TX is more violent than Denton.
- In Hidalgo County you have a 1 in 166 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Hidalgo, TX have decreased by 1.71%.
Hidalgo Police Departments
- Alamo Police Department
- Alton Police Department
- Donna Police Department
- Edcouch Police Department
- Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District Police
- Edinburg Police Department
- Elsa Police Department
- Hidalgo County Constable's Office - Pct 3
- Hidalgo County Sheriff's Office
- Hidalgo Police Department
- M.I.S.D. Police Department
- McAllen Police Department
- McAllen* Police Department
- Mercedes Police Department
- Mission Police Department
- Mission* Police Department
- Palmhurst* Police Department
- Palmview* Police Department
- Pharr Police Department
- Progreso* Police Department
- San Juan Police Department
- Weslaco Police Department