Smithfield, UT Arrest Records
Smithfield, UT is among the safest cities in the USA with 0.64 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 average. It is the 1st safest city in Utah among the 74 cities.
Smithfield, UT property crime has lower rate than the national average of 28.42, with 3.27 average property crimes recorded in 2016 of which 26 larceny theft related arrests that decreased by 35.00% compared to 2015.
Smithfield Crime Rate
Total arrests in Smithfield 2016 decreased by 41.1% compared to 2015 and has lower crime rate than national average of 33.12. Violent crimes increased from 3 to 7 while non-violent crime decreased by 48.57% from 70 to 36.
5 Crimes In Smithfield, UT in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||5|
Other Cities in Utah with the Most Arrests
Among the 74 cities in state the most dangerous is Salt Lake City with 1,815 violent crimes that’s 31.96% of total of 5,679. Salt Lake City has the highest number of records per 1,000 people that is above the state average of 34 and higher than national average of 33.
Safest Cities in Utah
Are you planning a move to Utah? Here are the safest cities in Utah with the lowest arrest rates. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime in Smithfield is 1 out of 386 up by 0.1% compared to previous year. The lowest rate of violent crime is in Lone Peak and the safest city to encounter a property crime is in Smithfield.
Violent crime rate in Smithfield increased by 133.33% from 2015 and increased by 600% during the last 5 years since 2011 from 1 to 7. In 2016 violent crime rate in Smithfield was 86.46% lower than the national average. Your chances of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.064%.
Property crime rate in Smithfield decreased by 48.57% from 2015 and decreased by 47.83% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 69 to 36. In 2016 property crime rate in Smithfield was 88.5% lower than the national rate. Your chances of being a victim of property crime is 0.327%.
How Smithfield stands up against other cities
Smithfield vs. Lindon
You’ll be in more safety in Smithfield compared to Lindon that had 596.63% higher crime rate compared to Smithfield according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.0908 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.1825 in Lindon city.
Larceny rates of 2.3604 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and lower than average 20.9892 in Lindon.
Smithfield vs. Woods Cross
You’ll be in more safety in Smithfield compared to Woods Cross that had 352.7% higher crime rate compared to Smithfield according to the FBI.
Murder rates of 0.0908 per 1,000 people is higher than national of 0.0614 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0000 in Woods Cross city.
Arson rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and the same as average 0.0000 in Woods Cross.
Names with the most arrests in Smithfield
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Smithfield is 0.88% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 1.07 daily crimes that occur in Smithfield.
- Smithfield is safer than Lindon.
- In Smithfield you have a 1 in 256 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Smithfield have decreased by 41.1%.
Latest Arrest and Mugshot from Smithfield, UT
BRAYDEN CHRIS CHAMBERS
- Date of Birth:
- Arrest Date: 01-30-2020 08:09:00
- Place of Birth: Utah
- Address: SMITHFIELD , UT
- State: Utah
- Total Bond:
- Booking Date: 2020-01-30 20:09:00
- Summary: Arrested on charges of Open Container in Vehicle, Driving On Denied License, Speed Regulations on January 30, 2020 was Brayden Chris Chambers. The Chambers was arrested by Iron County Law Enforcement. Bond was set at unknown amount for the charge because Chambers is presumed innocent until proven guilty. Police agencies listed here may assist with more information including court dates: Iron County Law Enforcement.