Laramie County, WY Arrest Records
Laramie County, WY is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.71 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has higher total crime rate than Campbell, Natrona, Park, Sheridan, Goshen counties in Wyoming.
Laramie County, WY property crime rate is 5.04 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 319 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that increased by 12.72% compared to 2015.
Laramie County, WY Crime Rate
Total arrests in Laramie County in 2016 increased by 13.23% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 43 to 70 while non-violent crime increased by 8.55% from 456 to 495.
5 Crimes In Laramie County, WY in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||59|
Violent crime rate in Laramie County increased by 62.79% from 2015 and increased by 1.45% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 69 to 70. In 2016 violent crime rate in Laramie County was 84.8% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.071%.
Property crime rates in Laramie County increased by 8.55% from 2015 and increased by 5.1% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 471 to 495. In 2016 property crime rate in Laramie County was 82.25% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.504%.
How Laramie stands up against other counties
Laramie vs. Natrona
You’ll be in more risk in Laramie compared to Natrona county that had 34.84% lower crime rate compared to Laramie county according to the FBI.
Assault rates of 0.5503 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8422 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.4196 in Natrona county.
Burglary rates of 1.1922 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and higher than average 1.0365 in Natrona county.
Laramie vs. Campbell
You’ll be in more risk in Laramie compared to Campbell county that had 12.09% lower crime rate compared to Laramie county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.1019 per 1,000 people is higher than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.1025 in Campbell county.
Larceny rates of 3.2506 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and higher than average 1.6802 in Campbell county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Laramie County is 0.83% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 1.58 daily crimes that occur in Laramie County.
- Laramie, WY is more violent than Natrona.
- In Laramie County you have a 1 in 174 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Laramie, WY have increased by 13.23%.
Laramie Police Departments
- Cheyenne Police Department
- Laramie County Sheriff's Office
- Pine Bluffs Police Department
- Wyoming Capitol Police
- Wyoming Department of Corrections
- Wyoming Department of Criminal Investigation
- Wyoming Game and Fish Department
- Wyoming Highway Patrol
- Wyoming State Fire Marshal
- Wyoming State Parks and Historical Trail