Monterey County, CA Arrest Records
Monterey County, CA is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.66 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Sacramento, Kern, Fresno, Sonoma, Merced counties in California.
Monterey County, CA property crime rate is 3.16 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 1,041 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that increased by 19.38% compared to 2015.
Monterey County, CA Crime Rate
Total arrests in Monterey County in 2016 increased by 11.61% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 244 to 286 while non-violent crime increased by 10.51% from 1,246 to 1,377.
5 Crimes In Monterey County, CA in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||33|
Violent crime rate in Monterey County increased by 17.21% from 2015 and increased by 45.18% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 197 to 286. In 2016 violent crime rate in Monterey County was 86% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.066%.
Property crime rates in Monterey County increased by 10.51% from 2015 and increased by 6.74% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 1,290 to 1,377. In 2016 property crime rate in Monterey County was 88.87% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.316%.
How Monterey stands up against other counties
Monterey vs. Solano
You’ll be in more risk in Monterey compared to Solano county that had 75.98% lower crime rate compared to Monterey county according to the FBI.
Murder rates of 0.0253 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0614 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0023 in Solano county.
Burglary rates of 0.6962 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.2612 in Solano county.
Monterey vs. Tulare
You’ll be in more safety in Monterey compared to Tulare county that had 37.78% higher crime rate compared to Monterey county according to the FBI.
Murder rates of 0.0253 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0614 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0413 in Tulare county.
Larceny rates of 2.3918 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and lower than average 2.8625 in Tulare county.
Names with the most arrests in Monterey
Crime rate by age group, gender, and race
According to the records in Monterey, California, the most crimes, that's 36.89% of all records in county are committed by the people aged between 21-30.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Monterey County is 0.88% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 1.05 daily crimes that occur in Monterey County.
- Monterey, CA is more violent than Solano.
- In Monterey County you have a 1 in 262 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Monterey, CA have increased by 11.61%.
Monterey Police Departments
- California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection
- California State University, Monterey Bay Police Department
- Carmel Police Department
- Carmel-by-the-Sea Police Department
- Gonzales Police Department
- Greenfield Police Department
- Hartnell College Campus Safety Department
- King City Police Department
- Marina Police Department
- Monterey County Sheriff's Office
- Monterey Police Department
- Pacific Grove Police Department
- Presidio of Monterey Police Department
- Salinas Police Department
- Seaside Police Department
- Soledad Police Department