Sacramento County, CA Arrest Records
Sacramento County, CA is among the safest counties in the USA with 1.85 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has higher total crime rate than Fresno, Riverside, Alameda, Sonoma, Merced counties in California.
Sacramento County, CA property crime rate is 6.70 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 6,943 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 5.51% compared to 2015.
Sacramento County, CA Crime Rate
Total arrests in Sacramento County in 2016 decreased by 9.4% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes decreased from 3,117 to 2,797 while non-violent crime decreased by 9.15% from 11,164 to 10,142.
5 Crimes In Sacramento County, CA in 2016 with the Most Arrests
Violent crime rate in Sacramento County decreased by 10.27% from 2015 and increased by 2.87% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 2,719 to 2,797. In 2016 violent crime rate in Sacramento County was 60.64% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.185%.
Property crime rates in Sacramento County decreased by 9.15% from 2015 and decreased by 14.03% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 11,797 to 10,142. In 2016 property crime rate in Sacramento County was 76.44% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.67%.
How Sacramento stands up against other counties
Sacramento vs. Alameda
You’ll be in more risk in Sacramento compared to Alameda county that had 80.22% lower crime rate compared to Sacramento county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.1023 per 1,000 people is higher than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0182 in Alameda county.
Larceny rates of 4.5845 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.6700 in Alameda county.
Sacramento vs. Fresno
You’ll be in more risk in Sacramento compared to Fresno county that had 40.58% lower crime rate compared to Sacramento county according to the FBI.
Murder rates of 0.0277 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0614 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0122 in Fresno county.
Burglary rates of 2.0218 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and higher than average 1.6583 in Fresno county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Sacramento County is 0.74% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 2.34 daily crimes that occur in Sacramento County.
- Sacramento, CA is more violent than Alameda.
- In Sacramento County you have a 1 in 117 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Sacramento, CA have decreased by 9.4%.
Sacramento Police Departments
- Bureau of Indian Affairs Police
- California Bureau of Gambling Control - Special Agents
- California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control
- California Department of Consumer Affairs Division of Investigation
- California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
- California Department of Developmental Services
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife
- California Department of Health Care Services
- California Department of Justice
- California Department of State Hospitals
- California Employment Development Department
- California Highway Patrol
- California Highway Patrol (Headquarters)
- California State Parks
- Citrus Heights Police Department
- City of Isleton Police Department
- Department of Veterans Affairs Police
- Elk Grove Police Department
- Elk Grove School District Police Department
- Folsom Police Department
- Franchise Tax Board
- Galt Police Department
- Los Rios Community College Police Department
- Office of Protective Services
- Office of the United States Marshal for the Eastern District of California
- Rancho Cordova Police Department
- Sacramento County Sheriff's Department
- Sacramento Police Department
- Twin Rivers Police Department