Berlin, CT Arrest Records
Berlin, CT is among the safest cities in the USA with 0.97 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 average. It is the 40th safest city in Connecticut among the 87 cities.
Berlin, CT property crime has lower rate than the national average of 28.42, with 15.61 average property crimes recorded in 2016 of which 257 larceny theft related arrests that increased by 5.76% compared to 2015.
Berlin Crime Rate
Total arrests in Berlin 2016 increased by 2.08% compared to 2015 and has lower crime rate than national average of 33.12. Violent crimes increased from 15 to 20 while non-violent crime increased by 0.62% from 321 to 323.
5 Crimes In Berlin, CT in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||28|
Other Cities in Connecticut with the Most Arrests
Among the 87 cities in state the most dangerous is Hartford with 1,353 violent crimes that’s 17.45% of total of 7,754. Hartford has the highest number of records per 1,000 people that is above the state average of 23 and higher than national average of 33.
Safest Cities in Connecticut
Are you planning a move to Connecticut? Here are the safest cities in Connecticut with the lowest arrest rates. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime in Berlin is 1 out of 384 up by 0.2% compared to previous year. The lowest rate of violent crime is in Darien and the safest city to encounter a property crime is in Ridgefield.
Violent crime rate in Berlin increased by 33.33% from 2015 and increased by 33.33% during the last 5 years since 2011 from 15 to 20. In 2016 violent crime rate in Berlin was 79.41% lower than the national average. Your chances of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.097%.
Property crime rate in Berlin increased by 0.62% from 2015 and decreased by 14.78% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 379 to 323. In 2016 property crime rate in Berlin was 45.09% lower than the national rate. Your chances of being a victim of property crime is 1.561%.
How Berlin stands up against other cities
Berlin vs. Bloomfield
You’ll be in more safety in Berlin compared to Bloomfield that had 64.46% higher crime rate compared to Berlin according to the FBI.
Assault rates of 0.4832 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8422 per 1,000 people and lower than average 1.5384 in Bloomfield city.
Arson rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.1923 in Bloomfield.
Berlin vs. Rocky Hill
You’ll be in more risk in Berlin compared to Rocky Hill that had 10.48% lower crime rate compared to Berlin according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.3382 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.1992 in Rocky Hill city.
Burglary rates of 1.8362 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and higher than average 1.3941 in Rocky Hill.
Names with the most arrests in Berlin
Crime rate by age group, gender, and race
According to the matching records on PoliceArrests.com 100% are people aged between 21-30.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Berlin is 0.5% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 4.54 daily crimes that occur in Berlin.
- Berlin is safer than Bloomfield.
- In Berlin you have a 1 in 60 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Berlin have increased by 2.08%.
Latest Arrest and Mugshot from Berlin, CT
- Date of Birth: 03-22-1996 00:00:00
- Arrest Date: 08-04-2019 03:01:00
- Age: 23
- Sex: Male
- Race: Hispanic
- Height: 5'05
- Weight: 130
- Hair: Black Straight
- Place of Birth: Connecticut
- Address: 513 FIELD STONEXING BERLIN,CT
- State: Connecticut
- Total Bond: 250000
- Booking Date:
- Location: 490 WETHERSFIELD AV
- Summary: Roberto Arciniega was arrested on August 04, 2019 in Hartford, Connecticut on charges of CARRYING PISTOL W/O PERMIT, CRIMINAL TRESPASS 3, CRIM POSS OF FIREARM/ELEC DEV, POSS NARCOTICS. He is 23 years old, 5'05 tall, with black straight hair, and weighs 130 pounds. Per the United States judicial system, Arciniega is presumed innocent until proven guilty. More information on this arrest may be obtained from local police at Hartford County Law Enforcement.