This Fourth of July, ‘Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over’
Osceola, AR – The Fourth of July is one of America’s favorite holidays, and why not? Families and friends gather to celebrate our country with food, parties, picnics and fireworks.
And yet there is a very dark side to this great holiday. For many, the celebration includes alcohol, but the holiday quickly goes from festive to fatal when people choose to drive after drinking.
To crack down on drunk driving this Fourth of July, our law enforcement will be out in full force, aggressively targeting those who put lives in danger, starting June 30th through July 4th, 2017.
“Osceola Police Department will be ramping up our enforcement to make our roads safer this Fourth of July,” said Capt. Tom Scrivner. “For everyone’s sake do not drink and drive or you will be arrested. The ‘Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over’ campaign means zero tolerance for drunk driving—no excuses.”
Law enforcement is not messing around this Independence Day: if you’re caught driving drunk, you will be arrested. And keep in mind that aside from putting your life and the lives of others at risk, driving impaired can also lead to serious consequences. A DUI arrest can mean, time in jail, loss of your license, and steep financial expenses.
Capt. Tom Scrivner recommends these simple tips to prevent drunk driving.
• Plan a safe way home before the fun begins.
• Before drinking, designate a sober driver.
• If you’re impaired, call a sober friend or family member.
• If you happen to see a drunk driver on the road, don’t hesitate to contact the Police.
• If you know someone who is about to drive or ride while impaired, take your friend’s keys and help your friend make other arrangements to get to where he or she is going safely.
For more information about the Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over campaign, visit www.TrafficSafetyMarketing.gov.