We have been notified that there was an issue with the crosswalk in the area by the High School Football Field House. We would like to encourage all drivers to be conscious of the crosswalks in the area and drive accordingly.
We would also like to re-iterate that the roadway is not a loading and unloading zone. If you are dropping off your children you need to pull into a parking area and unload your child. Stopping in the street and having your children cross creates a traffic problem and leads to a greater chance of accidents.
27-51-1302. Stopping, standing, or parking prohibited in specified places.
(a) No person shall stop, stand, or park a vehicle, except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic or in compliance with the directions of a police officer or a traffic-control device, in any of the following places:
(1) On a sidewalk;
(2) In front of a public or a private driveway;
(3) Within an intersection;
(4) Within fifteen feet (15') of a fire hydrant;
(5) On a crosswalk;
(6) Within twenty feet (20') of a crosswalk at an intersection;
(7) Within thirty feet (30') upon the approach to any flashing beacon, any stop sign, or any traffic-control signal located at the side of a roadway;
(8) Between a safety zone and the adjacent curb or within thirty feet (30') of points on the curb immediately opposite the ends of a safety zone, unless the local traffic authority indicates a different length by signs or markings;
(9) Within fifty feet (50') of the nearest rail of a railroad crossing;
(10) Within twenty feet (20') of the driveway entrance to any fire station and on the side of a street opposite the entrance to any fire station within seventy-five feet (75') of the entrance when properly signposted;
(11) Alongside or opposite any street excavation or any street obstruction when stopping, standing, or parking would obstruct traffic;
(12) On a roadway side of any vehicle stopped or parked at the edge of a curb or a street;
(13) Upon any bridge or other elevated structure upon a highway or within a highway tunnel;
(14) At any place where official signs prohibit stopping; or
(15) On the shoulders, the median, the ramps, and all other highway rights-of-way along interstate or fully controlled access highways, except in designated parking areas, provided that stopping, standing, or parking that is brief in duration and is due to an emergency, a vehicle disablement, or to correct or avert an unsafe condition shall not be considered a violation of this section.
(b) No person shall move a vehicle not owned by the person into any such prohibited area or away from a curb a distance that is unlawful.