**A safe Halloween is a Happy Halloween**
With Halloween right around the corner, below are a few safety tips from the Alhambra Police Department.
1. Do not Trick-or-treat alone. Practice the buddy system and remember two or more is always better than one. Having at least one adult chaperone with your group is a good idea.
2. Never go into a stranger’s home.
3. Plan your trick-or-treat route ahead of time. In case you get separated from your group, plan specific meet up locations.
4. Remain visible at all times. Tape or fasten reflective material to your costume/candy bag, or carry a glow stick or flashlight.
5. Stay in well-lit areas.
6. Look both ways before crossing the street and use crosswalks.
7. Parents, teach your children to make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them.
8. Walk on the sidewalk whenever possible and when it’s not possible, walk on the far edge of the road facing traffic.
9. Wear comfortable shoes.
10. If you are wearing a mask, make sure you are able to see out of it when walking.
11. If you paint your face, test out the make up before, just in case you have an allergic reaction to it.
12. If you choose to carry toy gun, plastic sword or other simulated weapon as part of your outfit, please make sure it is colored with bright vibrant colors so it cannot be mistaken as a real weapon.
13. Check your trick-or-treat candy. Throw away any candy that is not commercially wrapped or that looks like it has been opened.
14. Drivers, popular trick-or-treat hours are 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. so be especially alert for kids during those hours.
15. If you trick or treat with a pet, make sure they are on a leash.