We would like to remind everyone of the following traffic considerations before, during, and after the game.
• Parking rules are strictly enforced. Vehicles parked on yellow curbs, fire zones, sidewalks, entrance / exit ramps, and other designated no parking zones are subject to citation(s) and towing
• Blocking or obstructing sidewalks with tents, coolers, tables, chairs, grills, or other items is not permitted and subject to citation(s) and removal.
• Open containers of alcohol and glass containers are prohibited on the public streets, sidewalks, alleyways or rights-of-way, in any public or semipublic parking facility including areas of ingress and egress, or on any outdoor public patio within Athens-Clarke County, Georgia. Athens-Clarke County codes 6-3-12 & 3-12-23.
• Near the end of the game traffic patterns are changed to expedite the flow of traffic. Further information and maps are available at Athens-Clarke County Police web page, Facebook and Twitter.
• The following streets are changed to one- way traffic: Jackson Street from UGA Campus to Dougherty Street, College Station Road from UGA Campus to Research Drive, Thomas Street from Broad Street and continuing onto North Avenue to MLK Pkwy.
• The center turn lane of S. Lumpkin Street at Baxter Street southbound to Milledge Avenue is coned designated as a southbound traffic lane.
• The center turn lane of Baxter St at S. Lumpkin Street westbound to Milledge Avenue is coned off and designated as a westbound traffic lane.
• If you are on the Athens By-Pass stay on the By-Pass until you come around to your exit. Exiting the By-Pass to turn around backs up traffic on surface streets. Remaining on the By-Pass will prevent you from being stuck in traffic.
• Sanford Stadium gates open 90 minutes before the game. The "Dog Walk" is 95 minutes before the game. A map of Sanford Stadium has been included with this message.
• Athens-Clarke County and University of Georgia Police will be directing traffic at several different traffic intersections. Please be alert and watch for our public safety personnel. Remember to travel slowly and cautiously through these intersections.
• Contact numbers for area wrecker services and taxi cabs are included with this message.
• Contact numbers for area law enforcement
agencies are as follows:
For Emergencies - Dial 9-1-1
Athens-Clarke County Police Department – 706-546-5900
University of Georgia Police Department – 706-542-5813
University of Georgia Parking Services – 706-542-7275
We hope that everyone enjoys the game and travels safely!
And always GO DAWGS