Hurricane Irma is here. The whole state of Georgia has been placed in a State of Emergency. Please use common sense if you choose to leave your homes. This is a serious storm. We have a few tips to help you help yourself:
- If you don't have to leave your home, don't.
- If you do have to leave your home use extreme caution.
- State law requires that if you are driving in the rain that you have your headlights on. It's not for you to be able to see, but so other people can see you. YES even in the daylight.
- When driving, leave with PLENTY of time to get where you need to go. You might be required to take a detour. Plan ahead.
- Do not call 911 to tell us that your power is out. Call your power company, they deal with that.
- 911 is to be used if you have a SERIOUS emergency.
- If you come up on a 4-way intersection that has no power and the lights are NOT functioning, treat this intersection as a 4-WAY STOP SIGN. Come to a complete stop and observe normal traffic rules.
Please help us help you by using common sense.