We are hiring!
Position applying for:
$11.35 / hour
Join our Team!
The Baxter Springs Police Department is currently hiring for the following position: Communication Officer
Job Description includes:
• Answers directly to the Communication Supervisor, and follows the chain of command thereafter as deemed necessary
• Remain up to date on communication training, procedures and laws
• Answer phone in a polite way and gather as much information as you can about call.
• Will always, whenever possible, treat citizens with high regards and in a service oriented manner, reporting any unusual incidents to the Communication Supervisor immediately
• Dispatch calls to the proper responding officer or other departments in a timely manner
• Will check the status and safety of officers on calls and transports until the officer advises dispatch that they no longer need checked on
• Will give pre-arrival medical instructions if necessary, when you are certified
• Will render logs, reports, messages, and other writings in a professional and educated manner. In all cases reports will fully document the necessary information in a legible manner, giving special attention to detail
• Is responsible for all NCIC entries during their shift
• Responsible for the safety and security of all officers County, City or State Officers
• Responsible for the security of the police department.
• Dispatches for the Baxter Springs Police Department, Baxter Springs Fire Department, and Baxter Springs Ambulance Service
• Will keep the dispatch center in a clean and orderly manner at all times
• Will inform the Communication Supervisor whenever supplies get low, long before they run out
• Works cordially with all personnel within the Baxter Springs Police Department and every other Law Enforcement Agency they may come into contact with; reporting problems immediately to the Communication Supervisor or to the Chief of Police as deemed necessary
• Shall present themselves in a neat and orderly manner at all times when at the police department, or at any public place while representing this office. This includes the proper maintenance of uniforms and accessories, and personal hygiene/grooming
• Reports any equipment problems immediately to the Communication Supervisor or Chief of Police
• Will report any accident involving Baxter Springs Police Department vehicles directly to the Chief of Police, without delay
• Will follow the orders of their supervisor so long as the order is lawful, does not jeopardize someone’s safety and it is not unethical, and if the Communication Officer perceives a conflict then he/she will report immediately to the Chief of Police
• Serves in the best interest of the Chief of Police, keeping in mind the political nature of the office and the importance of public perception
• Will treat all safety sensitive information with appropriate care, and will never divulge information about matters within the office or inmates to anyone not directly involved
Must have high school diploma or G.E.D., have a valid Kansas drivers license, pass an extensive background check, physiological exam, drug screen, and be of good moral character.
Starting Pay: Communication Officer - $11.35 Hour.
Interested person’s can apply at the Baxter Springs Police Department.
121 11th St
Baxter Springs, KS 66713-1507