Fall is here (finally!) and Trick-or-Treat is right around the corner. Sparta's activities will be held Halloween Night, (Tuesday, October 31 2017) between 5:30pm and 8:00pm.
Sparta Police Officers want everyone to have a good time, and come home safely. Here are a few friendly tips;
1. Don't Trick-or-Treat alone. Parents, accompany your children. If your kids are old enough, make sure they have at lest one buddy along and you have an idea of their route and expected time of return.
2. Use caution, and pay attention, when crossing streets. Traffic does not cease to exist simply because it's Halloween.
3. When it's dark, light yourself up. Flashlights and glow-sticks are perfect choices.
4. Do not enter the homes (or vehicles) of strangers. Only accept their offerings at the door/porch/yard.
5. Watch what you're about to eat! Make sure you consume only identifiable, wrapped treats, or items that have been approved by parents or trusted adults.
6. Don't spoil the fun... Respect other's property. Do not use Trick-or-Treating as an excuse to destroy decorations, smash pumpkins or any other shenanigans that may involve toilet paper, eggs, soap, or shaving cream.
Have Fun and Stay Safe Sparta!