Here's the official info about the Nereid's Parade, which is set to roll on Sunday, February 4th at 12 PM:
The parade will follow last years route and start at Drinkwater in Bay St. Louis. It will travel West in the Eastbound lanes of Highway 90 and finish at Auderer Blvd. We plan to shut down the roads at about 10AM because we know foot traffic will be heavy.
Parking on the parade route will not be allowed before 12 PM on Saturday, February 3rd. At any time if a vehicle is parked where it is blocking the view of traffic, such as near the exits of businesses, we will ask the owner to move it or we'll tow it away if the owner isn't present.
The following rules will also be enforced by officers:
1. No dogs, snakes or any type of pet allowed on parade route. Except for Service Dogs.
2. No bikes, skateboards, hoverboards, drones, or scooters allowed on parade route.
3. No Glass Containers, including glass bottles.
4. No roping off area prior to parade time (except private businesses).
5. No parking of any vehicle on the median
6. No ladders or scaffolding on the median of the road.
7. No Silly String or Snap Pops
8. No drones
As always, there will be numerous plain clothes officers mingling in the crowd. They will be looking for things such as drug use, underage drinking, and other offenses.
Please remember... This is a family parade. We will NOT tolerate flashing, public urination, or disorderly behavior.
Have a fun and safe time!