Hickory PD to Hold Career Open House April 24, 2018
Honesty, integrity, dedication, selflessness, Professionalism, Accountability, Compassion, and Teamwork. If these words describe you, we are waiting for you at Hickory Police Department. Whether you are looking to start a career, change careers or wanting to explore a new department, we invite you to attend our Career Open House on April 24, 2018 from 7:00 pm to 9:00pm at the Floyd W. Lucas Jr., Police Headquarters.
Any interested certified or non-certified police officer applicants wanting to learn more about joining the ranks of our department will want to be here for this opportunity. During the Open House, Command Staff, Recruitment Staff, and other key Department Staff will offer a facilities tour, overview of departmental operations, Community Policing discussion, recruitment video, equipment demonstrations, and a questions and answer opportunity at the conclusion of the evening.
Why Hickory Police Department?
Hickory Police Department is committed to providing the highest quality of police service to our customers; the citizens of and visitors to our city. Dedicated to improving the quality of life in our city, our department will work in partnership with our community to provide a high degree of effective and efficient public safety while maintaining respect for cultural diversity and individual rights and dignity. The Hickory Police Department is a full service municipal police agency comprised of 152 full-time coworkers.
We strive to serve citizens with the highest level of professional law enforcement service possible. Hickory Police Officers must have the ability to make sound decisions, to have good judgment, and to practice solid verbal and written communication skills. Each Police Officer is required to operate with an independent work ethic under minimum direct supervision.
Qualification Requirements are:
• Must be 20 years of age or older
• Good health and physical condition
• Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (Graduate of a 4-year college or university preferred)
• Be a United States citizen
• Have or be able to obtain a North Carolina Driver’s License
• Have an Honorable Military Discharge, General Discharges are evaluated on a case by case basis
• Pass an entry level physical ability test (POPAT)
• Pass an extensive background investigation including psychological examination, polygraph examination, etc.
• Pass a pre-employment Medical Examination and Drug Screening Test
• Must not have a criminal record or a record of serious motor vehicle offenses
• Live within 30-mile radius of Police Headquarters (347 Second Avenue SW, Hickory, NC)
Along with the benefit and responsibility of serving as a Community Police Officer with one of the finest municipal agencies in the country each officer is provided:
• All required equipment and uniforms
• Entry level pay Non-Certified $32,034.37
• Entry level pay Certified $35,593.74
• "One officer-one car" and "take home car" programs
• State and Local Government and Law Enforcement Officer's retirement plan
• Paid medical insurance for employee
• Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
• Physical fitness facilities
• Tuition reimbursement
• Work schedule that provides seven days off every 14-day cycle, including every other weekend
To obtain more information about joining the ranks of the best law enforcement has to offer, please contact Sgt. Justin Levey at the Hickory Police Department, 828-261-2618.
Recruitment Mission Statement
The Hickory Police Department Recruitment Division is committed to recruiting, assessing, and hiring the best-suited and qualified applicants to meet the needs of the City of Hickory and the HPD. The HPD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe our employees should be reflective of the community they serve.