The Stafford Township Police Department is accepting applications for the position of full-time police officer. The closing date for applications will be Friday, November 3, 2017 4:00 PM.
The Stafford Township Police Department has entered into a partnership with the Southern Ocean Medical Center to provide police services at the hospital. The partnership includes a two-year contract for two full-time police officers. Successful candidates will be sworn members of the Stafford Township Police Department. However, their primary assignment will be at the hospital.
There is no promise of employment after the expiration of the two-year contract.
• Be at least 21 years of age and no older than 35 years of age
• Be certified as a Basic Police Officer by the New Jersey Police Training Commission, or
• Be certified as a Class II Special Police Officer by the New Jersey Police Training Commission
• Be a citizen of the United States
• Be a resident of New Jersey and have a valid NJ driver’s license
• Possess a bachelor’s degree or have earned 120 credits from an accredited college or university, or
• Possess 60 credits from an accredited college or university and have 2-years’ experience as a full time regular police officer, or 2 years’ of military experience
• Possess an associate’s degree or 60 credits from an accredited college or university plus have a minimum of 24 months of employment as a Class II Special Police Officer
• Be of sound moral character verified by a background investigation
• Physical fitness indicator test
• Written exam
• Oral interview
• Background investigation
• Psychological screening
• Medical screening
• Drug Screening
Applications are available at the Stafford Township Police Department, 260 East Bay Avenue, Manahawkin, NJ 08050.
If you have any further inquiries, please contact Captain Herman Pharo at (609)597-1189 ext. 8421 or firstname.lastname@example.org.