Keizer Police Department Volunteer Positions Open Now!
Apply by January 31, 2018. Contact Dorothy Diehl at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-856-3472 with any questions.
The Keizer Police Department is currently recruiting for two part-time VOLUNTEER positions in our Fleet Services Program. We are seeking self-motivated, confident community members who want to support local law enforcement in a tangible way.
Fleet Service Volunteers help ensure that police vehicles are clean, safe, and well-stocked with the supplies and equipment officers need to serve the community.
Fleet Service Volunteers contribute a few hours per week and operate during normal business hours.
Depending on skills, experience, and department needs, tasks may include:
• Transporting vehicles to and from local service shops
• Making small purchases of supplies, etc.
• Scheduling service appointments and in-house maintenance based on officer schedules
• Conducting vehicle inspections (checking lights, fluids, tire pressure, supplies, etc.)
• Cleaning vehicle interiors (vacuuming, dusting, wiping, etc.)
• Assisting with fleet-related record-keeping
Volunteer applicants must pass a background check, be able to work independently with limited supervision, be supportive of the Keizer Police Department, possess a valid Oregon driver’s license, and comply with police policies. For further information or to obtain an application, please contact Dorothy Diehl at email@example.com or 503-856-3472. Volunteers are provided with a uniform shirt, jacket and baseball cap.