State Representative Aaron Kaufer is co-hosting a Community Recycling Event on Thursday, Nov. 2, from 3-6 p.m., at the Luzerne County soccer fields in Forty Fort. This event is being co-hosted with Luzerne County and the West Side COG.
To participate, residents MUST preregister through one of the nine participating municipalities and purchase a tag. The tag cost will be $25 per car/truck/SUV. No commercial vehicles over ¾ ton. The following municipalities are participating:
• Edwardsville – 470 Main St., Edwardsville, 570-288-6484.
• Exeter – 1101 Wyoming Ave., Exeter, 570-654-3001.
• Forty Fort – 1271 Wyoming Ave., Forty Fort, 570-287-8586.
• Kingston – 500 Wyoming Ave., Kingston, 570-288-4576.
• Luzerne – 144 Academy St., Luzerne, 570-287-7633.
• Plymouth – 162 West Shawnee Ave., Plymouth, 570-779-1011.
• West Wyoming – 464 West 8th St., West Wyoming, 570-693-1311.
• Wyoming – 277 Wyoming Ave., Wyoming, 570-693-0291.
All electronics authorized by Luzerne County Recycling will be accepted and are listed below. One TV or computer monitor, per tag. Damaged TV or monitors with cracked screens will not be accepted.
Accepted materials will be: Answering machines, CD players, camcorders, cameras, cell phones, cordless phones, copiers, DVD players, duplicators, fax machines, Gameboy, hard drives, laptops, mainframe computer equipment, microwaves, MP3 players, modems, Nintendo consuls, notebooks, pagers, personal computers, Play stations, printers, printed circuit boards, radios, remote controls, tape players, satellite receivers, scanners, servers, shredders, speakers, stereos, televisions, telephones, testing equipment, transparency makers, typewriters, uninterrupted power supply systems, VCRs, video games, VHS tapes, Wiis, word processors and X-Boxes.