ATTN: West Wyoming Residents
With the major snow storm expected on Tuesday March 14, 2017 we would like to ask you all to do / not do a few simple things:
1. If possible, please do not park on the streets. If you must park on the streets, please have your vehicle parked as close to the curb as possible and away from intersections. DPW plow trucks will be out clearing the streets as best and as fast as possible during the storm.
2. Do not shovel, snow blow or plow snow into the streets.
3. Do not harass or obstruct the plow truck operators. They will be working long hours and doing their very best to clear the streets. Snow will most likely be pushed up along the curb lines, sidewalks and into the entrance of your driveway, not on purpose, but this is a major storm and the snow has to go somewhere. With this significant amount, it will likely take over 24 hours to clear all the snow so please give them some time to get the job done. Any persons harassing or obstructing the plow truck operators for simply doing their jobs will be cited.
4. Do not call 911 to report that your road has not yet been plowed or to report/ask any non-emergent problems or questions. 911 is to be used for emergencies only. Non-Emergent questions for police, you can call 570-693-1211 and speak to the officer on duty.
5. Please help elderly neighbors as much as possible and check on them to see if they need anything throughout the storm. Traveling during the storm will be extremely difficult and dangerous and their usual visitors and aids might not be able to make it to them.
6. If you live near a fire hydrant please shovel it out. The fire department may not be able to locate them during an emergency to save your house or your neighbors. The fire department will greatly appreciate your help as well.
7. Most importantly, stay safe. Do not drive or travel on the roadways unless you absolutely have to. If an emergency should arise, Call 911 and emergency services will be there shortly to help you.