Bidding Opens for Burlingame Library Foundation’s Online Auction
A whale watching trip on Monterey Bay, an in-home wine tasting party with a wine connoisseur, a Facebook tour with lunch, and accommodations and show tickets to Harvey’s Lake Tahoe are among the goodies up for grabs through September 2 on Burlingame Library Foundation online auction site. All proceeds will provide programs and augment services at Burlingame’s two public libraries.
The auction features more than 200 items donated by local residents, businesses, restaurants, resorts, entertainment companies, museums and much more. They include:
• Ride to school with motorcycle escort by the Burlingame Police Department
• Two Club Level Giants tickets
• Two nights at Costanoa
• Private tour of Filoli Gardens for four and lunch with Burlingame Vice Mayor Donna Colson
• Tickets to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival
• Bridge party and lunch for eight at the Peninsula Golf and Country Club
• A night at the Claremont Club and Spa
• Membership in the Commonwealth Club
• Theater, symphony and ballet tickets
• Gift certificates for more than 20 local restaurants, including Stella Alpina Osteria, Sixto’s, Broadway Prime and Il Fornaio
• VIP wine tasting vouchers at 10 wineries
• Admission to a dozen museums, including the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, the Children’s Discovery Museum of San Jose and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
• Merchandise gift certificates and passes that include sailing, a trampoline park, skiing, tennis, ice skating, kayaking, coder coaching, video games, whale watching on Monterey Bay and much more
To see all the offerings and register bids, go to https://www.biddingforgood.com/BA2015/2018 and set up a free account. The auction will end at 6 p.m. on September 2. Winning bidders will be notified via email.
The auction is associated with the Library Foundation’s annual Book & Author Luncheon, which will take place on September 8 at the Peninsula Golf and Country Club in San Mateo. This signature event of the foundation features boutique vendors, a choice of lunch entrees and three local authors discussing their new books. There are still a few tickets for sale at burlingamelibraryfoundation.org.
Proceeds from the luncheon and the auction will fulfill the Library Foundation’s mission of supporting Burlingame Public Libraries with collection enhancement, new technology, free programs for all ages, and improvement and preservation of historic buildings and interiors.
For more information, visit BurlingameLibraryFoundation.org or email email@example.com.