5 safety t
ips from the Chief
With the holiday seasons upon us, I would like to leave you with 5 tips to ensure your safety and security.
1. ALWAYS lock your doors. Whether you are home or away it is always a good rule of thumb to keep the doors locked to your homes, sheds, vehicles and other places in which you would want to keep a thief from entering.
2. When you are walking to or away from a building know your surroundings. When placing purchased items into your vehicle and while taking them out be cognizant of vehicles, and people around you.
3. Ensure your smoke alarms and fire extinguishers are within appropriate dates of expiration. Test your alarms to ensure they are working properly. If you need assistance in testing your alarms the Police Department and the Fire Department would be available to do help you.
4. Place decorative lights on a timer, unplug them, or otherwise turn them off while you are away and while you are sleeping.
5. Should you see anything or anyone who appears to be suspicious I urge you to contact law enforcement. Please know that each agency is a department in which records are kept and daily operations are run; each department usually runs on a regular business schedule. I strongly encourage you to add the Torrance County non-emergency Dispatch Center’s number to your contact list; whether it be in a cell phone or written somewhere accessible in your home. This number should be used in non-emergency situations only, otherwise call 911.
Should you wish to speak with me directly or would like more tips in ensuring your safety this holiday season, please do not hesitate in contacting me.
Torrance County Dispatch, non-emergency: 505-384-2705
Estancia Police Department 505-384-4282
Your Chief of Police, Stephanie Y. Reynolds: firstname.lastname@example.org