Polk County, FL Arrest Records
Polk County, FL is among the safest counties in the USA with 2.06 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Miami-Dade, Orange, Escambia, Pasco, Manatee counties in Florida.
Polk County, FL property crime rate is 9.77 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 4,124 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 2.99% compared to 2015.
Polk County, FL Crime Rate
Total arrests in Polk County in 2016 decreased by 2.5% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 1,291 to 1,374 while non-violent crime decreased by 4.2% from 6,791 to 6,506.
5 Crimes In Polk County, FL in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||634|
Violent crime rate in Polk County increased by 6.43% from 2015 and increased by 6.68% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 1,288 to 1,374. In 2016 violent crime rate in Polk County was 56.05% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.206%.
Property crime rates in Polk County decreased by 4.2% from 2015 and decreased by 31.32% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 9,473 to 6,506. In 2016 property crime rate in Polk County was 65.64% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.977%.
How Polk stands up against other counties
Polk vs. Lee
You’ll be in more risk in Polk compared to Lee county that had 11.35% lower crime rate compared to Polk county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.2027 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.3489 in Lee county.
Motor Vehicle Theft rates of 0.9517 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8637 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.5994 in Lee county.
Polk vs. Brevard
You’ll be in more risk in Polk compared to Brevard county that had 23.36% lower crime rate compared to Polk county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.2087 per 1,000 people is higher than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0725 in Brevard county.
Motor Vehicle Theft rates of 0.9517 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8637 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.6216 in Brevard county.
Names with the most arrests in Polk
Crime rate by age group, gender, and race
According to the records in Polk, Florida, the most crimes, that's 35.48% of all records in county are committed by the people aged between 21-30.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Polk County is 0.64% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 3.24 daily crimes that occur in Polk County.
- Polk, FL is more violent than Lee.
- In Polk County you have a 1 in 85 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Polk, FL have decreased by 2.5%.
Polk Police Departments
- Auburndale Police Department
- Bartow Police Department
- Davenport Police Department
- Dundee Police Department
- Eagle Lake Police Department
- Fort Meade Police Department
- Haines City Police Department
- Lake Alfred Police Department
- Lake Hamilton Police Department
- Lake Wales Police Department
- Lakeland Police Department
- Mulberry Division, Polk County Sheriff's Office
- Mulberry Police Department
- Polk County Sheriff's Office
- Warner Southern College Department of Campus Safety and Security
- Winter Haven Police Department