Macoupin County, IL Arrest Records
Macoupin County, IL is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.22 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Sangamon, Winnebago, Madison, Champaign, Peoria counties in Illinois.
Macoupin County, IL property crime rate is 3.27 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 113 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that increased by 17.71% compared to 2015.
Macoupin County, IL Crime Rate
Total arrests in Macoupin County in 2016 increased by 7.38% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes decreased from 18 to 10 while non-violent crime increased by 14.5% from 131 to 150.
5 Crimes In Macoupin County, IL in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||7|
Violent crime rate in Macoupin County decreased by 44.44% from 2015 and increased by 42.86% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 7 to 10. In 2016 violent crime rate in Macoupin County was 95.36% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.022%.
Property crime rates in Macoupin County increased by 14.5% from 2015 and decreased by 35.62% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 233 to 150. In 2016 property crime rate in Macoupin County was 88.5% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.327%.
How Macoupin stands up against other counties
Macoupin vs. Stephenson
You’ll be in more safety in Macoupin compared to Stephenson county that had 8.17% higher crime rate compared to Macoupin county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.1096 in Stephenson county.
Larceny rates of 2.4614 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and higher than average 2.2795 in Stephenson county.
Macoupin vs. Henry
You’ll be in more risk in Macoupin compared to Henry county that had 70.89% lower crime rate compared to Macoupin county according to the FBI.
Assault rates of 0.1960 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8422 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0406 in Henry county.
Larceny rates of 2.4614 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.6291 in Henry county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Macoupin County is 0.89% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 0.95 daily crimes that occur in Macoupin County.
- Macoupin, IL is safer than Stephenson.
- In Macoupin County you have a 1 in 287 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Macoupin, IL have increased by 7.38%.
Macoupin Police Departments
- Benld Police Department
- Bunker Hill Police Department
- Carlinville Police Department
- Chesterfield Police Department
- Gillespie Police Department
- Girard Police Department
- Macoupin County Sheriff's Office
- Mount Olive Police Department
- Royal Lakes Police Department
- Shipman Police Department
- Staunton Police Department
- Virden Police Department
- Wilsonville Police Department