Madison County, IL Arrest Records
Madison County, IL is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.45 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has higher total crime rate than Cook, Sangamon, Winnebago, Will, Champaign counties in Illinois.
Madison County, IL property crime rate is 3.85 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 731 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that increased by 115.00% compared to 2015.
Madison County, IL Crime Rate
Total arrests in Madison County in 2016 increased by 80.41% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 71 to 119 while non-violent crime increased by 82.03% from 562 to 1,023.
5 Crimes In Madison County, IL in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||53|
Violent crime rate in Madison County increased by 67.61% from 2015 and increased by 50.63% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 79 to 119. In 2016 violent crime rate in Madison County was 90.46% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.045%.
Property crime rates in Madison County increased by 82.03% from 2015 and increased by 15.99% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 882 to 1,023. In 2016 property crime rate in Madison County was 86.46% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.385%.
How Madison stands up against other counties
Madison vs. Winnebago
You’ll be in more risk in Madison compared to Winnebago county that had 17.94% lower crime rate compared to Madison county according to the FBI.
Assault rates of 0.3236 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8422 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.2694 in Winnebago county.
Motor Vehicle Theft rates of 0.1994 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8637 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.2064 in Winnebago county.
Madison vs. McHenry
You’ll be in more risk in Madison compared to McHenry county that had 73.55% lower crime rate compared to Madison county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.0602 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0065 in McHenry county.
Motor Vehicle Theft rates of 0.1994 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8637 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0456 in McHenry county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Madison County is 0.87% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 1.18 daily crimes that occur in Madison County.
- Madison, IL is more violent than Winnebago.
- In Madison County you have a 1 in 233 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Madison, IL have increased by 80.41%.
Madison Police Departments
- Alton Police Department
- Bethalto Police Department
- Collinsville Police Department
- East Alton Police Department
- Edwardsville Police Department
- Glen Carbon Police Department
- Granite City Police Department
- Hamel Police Department
- Hartford Police Department
- Highland Police Department
- Livingston Police Department
- Madison County Sheriff's Office
- Madison Police Department
- Maryville Police Department
- Pontoon Beach Police Department
- Roxana Police Department
- South Roxana Police Department
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville Police Department
- Southwestern Illinois College Police Department
- Terminal Railroad Police Department
- Troy Police Department
- Venice Police Department
- Village of Glen Carbon Police Department
- Williamson Police Department
- Wood River Police Department
- Worden Police Department
Cities in Madison County
- Alton Arrest Records
- Bethalto Arrest Records
- Collinsville Arrest Records
- East Alton Arrest Records
- Edwardsville Arrest Records
- Glen Carbon Arrest Records
- Granite City Arrest Records
- Hartford Arrest Records
- Maryville Arrest Records
- Roxana Arrest Records
- South Roxana Arrest Records
- Troy Arrest Records
- Wood River Arrest Records