Sangamon County, IL Arrest Records
Sangamon County, IL is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.76 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has higher total crime rate than Cook, Winnebago, Will, Champaign, Lake counties in Illinois.
Sangamon County, IL property crime rate is 3.05 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 343 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 6.79% compared to 2015.
Sangamon County, IL Crime Rate
Total arrests in Sangamon County in 2016 decreased by 1.57% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes decreased from 172 to 151 while non-violent crime increased by 1.52% from 593 to 602.
5 Crimes In Sangamon County, IL in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||48|
Violent crime rate in Sangamon County decreased by 12.21% from 2015 and increased by 26.89% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 119 to 151. In 2016 violent crime rate in Sangamon County was 83.71% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.076%.
Property crime rates in Sangamon County increased by 1.52% from 2015 and decreased by 26.85% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 823 to 602. In 2016 property crime rate in Sangamon County was 89.28% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.305%.
How Sangamon stands up against other counties
Sangamon vs. Champaign
You’ll be in more risk in Sangamon compared to Champaign county that had 3.73% lower crime rate compared to Sangamon county according to the FBI.
Murder rates of 0.0051 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0614 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0144 in Champaign county.
Motor Vehicle Theft rates of 0.2430 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8637 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.1631 in Champaign county.
Sangamon vs. Peoria
You’ll be in more safety in Sangamon compared to Peoria county that had 32.41% higher crime rate compared to Sangamon county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.0861 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0811 in Peoria county.
Motor Vehicle Theft rates of 0.2430 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8637 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.2811 in Peoria county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Sangamon County is 0.88% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 1.04 daily crimes that occur in Sangamon County.
- Sangamon, IL is more violent than Champaign.
- In Sangamon County you have a 1 in 262 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Sangamon, IL have decreased by 1.57%.
Sangamon Police Departments
- Abraham Lincoln Capital Airport
- Auburn Police Department
- Benedictine University at Springfield Police Department
- Buffalo-Mechanicsburg Police Department
- Chatham Police Department
- Divernon Police Department
- Grandview Police Department
- Illinois Conservation Police
- Illinois Department of Natural Resources
- Illinois Gaming Board
- Illinois Secretary of State Capitol Police
- Illinois Secretary of State Police
- Illinois State Police
- Illiopolis Police Department
- Jerome Police Department
- Lincoln Land Community College Police Department
- New Berlin Police Department
- Pawnee Police Department
- Pleasant Plains Police Department
- Riverton Police Department
- Rochester Police Department
- Sherman Police Department
- Springfield Park District Police Department
- Springfield Police Department
- Thayer Police Department
- University of Illinois at Springfield Police Department