Vermilion County, IL Arrest Records
Vermilion County, IL is among the safest counties in the USA with 1.04 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has higher total crime rate than Cook, Sangamon, Winnebago, Will, Madison counties in Illinois.
Vermilion County, IL property crime rate is 5.74 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 297 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 4.81% compared to 2015.
Vermilion County, IL Crime Rate
Total arrests in Vermilion County in 2016 decreased by 3.29% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes decreased from 83 to 81 while non-violent crime decreased by 3.45% from 464 to 448.
5 Crimes In Vermilion County, IL in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||21|
Violent crime rate in Vermilion County decreased by 2.41% from 2015 and increased by 17.39% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 69 to 81. In 2016 violent crime rate in Vermilion County was 77.9% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.104%.
Property crime rates in Vermilion County decreased by 3.45% from 2015 and decreased by 28.55% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 627 to 448. In 2016 property crime rate in Vermilion County was 79.82% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.574%.
How Vermilion stands up against other counties
Vermilion vs. Williamson
You’ll be in more risk in Vermilion compared to Williamson county that had 33.12% lower crime rate compared to Vermilion county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.0896 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0000 in Williamson county.
Larceny rates of 3.8023 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and higher than average 2.8863 in Williamson county.
Vermilion vs. Adams
You’ll be in more risk in Vermilion compared to Adams county that had 56.75% lower crime rate compared to Vermilion county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.0896 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0000 in Adams county.
Motor Vehicle Theft rates of 0.2688 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8637 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0901 in Adams county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Vermilion County is 0.8% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 1.86 daily crimes that occur in Vermilion County.
- Vermilion, IL is more violent than Williamson.
- In Vermilion County you have a 1 in 148 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Vermilion, IL have decreased by 3.29%.
Vermilion Police Departments
- Belgium Police Department
- Catlin Police Department
- Danville Police Department
- Fairmount Police Department
- Fithian Police Department
- Georgetown Police Department
- Hoopeston Police Department
- Oakwood Police Department
- Ridge Farm Police Department
- Rossville Police Department
- Tilton Police Department
- Vermilion County Sheriff's Office
- Westville Police Department