Williamson County, IL Arrest Records
Williamson County, IL is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.13 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has higher total crime rate than Cook, Sangamon, Winnebago, Will, Madison counties in Illinois.
Williamson County, IL property crime rate is 4.40 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 195 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that increased by 18.18% compared to 2015.
Williamson County, IL Crime Rate
Total arrests in Williamson County in 2016 increased by 15.47% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes decreased from 11 to 9 while non-violent crime increased by 16.93% from 254 to 297.
5 Crimes In Williamson County, IL in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||15|
Violent crime rate in Williamson County decreased by 18.18% from 2015 and decreased by 67.86% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 28 to 9. In 2016 violent crime rate in Williamson County was 97.16% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.013%.
Property crime rates in Williamson County increased by 16.93% from 2015 and decreased by 18.85% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 366 to 297. In 2016 property crime rate in Williamson County was 84.53% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.44%.
How Williamson stands up against other counties
Williamson vs. Adams
You’ll be in more risk in Williamson compared to Adams county that had 35.33% lower crime rate compared to Williamson county according to the FBI.
Assault rates of 0.0740 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8422 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.1953 in Adams county.
Burglary rates of 1.2877 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.8261 in Adams county.
Williamson vs. Jackson
You’ll be in more risk in Williamson compared to Jackson county that had 1.37% lower crime rate compared to Williamson county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0000 in Jackson county.
Motor Vehicle Theft rates of 0.2220 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8637 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.1869 in Jackson county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Williamson County is 0.86% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 1.24 daily crimes that occur in Williamson County.
- Williamson, IL is more violent than Adams.
- In Williamson County you have a 1 in 221 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Williamson, IL have increased by 15.47%.
Williamson Police Departments
- Cambria Police Department
- Carterville Police Department
- Creal Springs Police Department
- Energy Police Department
- Freeman Spur Police Department
- Herrin Police Department
- Hurst Police Department
- John A Logan College Police Department
- John A. Logan College Police Department
- Johnston City Police Department
- Marion Police Department
- Village of Spillertown Police Department
- Williamson County Sheriff's Office