Allen County, IN Arrest Records
Allen County, IN is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.42 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Lawrence, Clark, Howard, Kosciusko, Vanderburgh counties in Indiana.
Allen County, IN property crime rate is 2.34 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 603 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that increased by 13.35% compared to 2015.
Allen County, IN Crime Rate
Total arrests in Allen County in 2016 increased by 12.68% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 145 to 156 while non-violent crime increased by 13.65% from 762 to 866.
5 Crimes In Allen County, IN in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||38|
Violent crime rate in Allen County increased by 7.59% from 2015 and increased by 119.72% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 71 to 156. In 2016 violent crime rate in Allen County was 91.03% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.042%.
Property crime rates in Allen County increased by 13.65% from 2015 and decreased by 7.68% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 938 to 866. In 2016 property crime rate in Allen County was 91.77% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.234%.
How Allen stands up against other counties
Allen vs. Lake
You’ll be in more risk in Allen compared to Lake county that had 47.71% lower crime rate compared to Allen county according to the FBI.
Assault rates of 0.2754 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8422 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0350 in Lake county.
Motor Vehicle Theft rates of 0.1026 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8637 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.1688 in Lake county.
Allen vs. Tippecanoe
You’ll be in more safety in Allen compared to Tippecanoe county that had 18.72% higher crime rate compared to Allen county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.0810 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0319 in Tippecanoe county.
Motor Vehicle Theft rates of 0.1026 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8637 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.1861 in Tippecanoe county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Allen County is 0.92% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 0.76 daily crimes that occur in Allen County.
- Allen, IN is more violent than Lake.
- In Allen County you have a 1 in 362 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Allen, IN have increased by 12.68%.
Allen Police Departments
- Allen County Prosecutor's Office
- Allen County Sheriff's Office
- Fort Wayne Fire Department
- Fort Wayne Police Academy in Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne Police Department
- Indiana Purdue Fort Wayne (IPFW) Police Department
- Monroeville Police Department
- New Haven Police Department
- Woodburn Police Department
- Zanesville Police Department