Lake County, IN Arrest Records
Lake County, IN is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.13 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Allen, Lawrence, Clark, Howard, Kosciusko counties in Indiana.
Lake County, IN property crime rate is 1.32 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 453 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 12.21% compared to 2015.
Lake County, IN Crime Rate
Total arrests in Lake County in 2016 decreased by 9.43% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 37 to 62 while non-violent crime decreased by 13.3% from 737 to 639.
5 Crimes In Lake County, IN in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||82|
Violent crime rate in Lake County increased by 67.57% from 2015 and increased by 21.57% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 51 to 62. In 2016 violent crime rate in Lake County was 97.28% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.013%.
Property crime rates in Lake County decreased by 13.3% from 2015 and decreased by 36.23% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 1,002 to 639. In 2016 property crime rate in Lake County was 95.37% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.132%.
How Lake stands up against other counties
Lake vs. Allen
You’ll be in more safety in Lake compared to Allen county that had 91.23% higher crime rate compared to Lake county according to the FBI.
Assault rates of 0.0350 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8422 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.2754 in Allen county.
Larceny rates of 0.9324 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and lower than average 1.6280 in Allen county.
Lake vs. Tippecanoe
You’ll be in more safety in Lake compared to Tippecanoe county that had 127.02% higher crime rate compared to Lake county according to the FBI.
Murder rates of 0.0082 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0614 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0000 in Tippecanoe county.
Larceny rates of 0.9324 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and lower than average 1.8877 in Tippecanoe county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Lake County is 0.96% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 0.4 daily crimes that occur in Lake County.
- Lake, IN is safer than Allen.
- In Lake County you have a 1 in 693 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Lake, IN have decreased by 9.43%.
Lake Police Departments
- Cedar Lake Police Department
- Crown Point Police Department
- Dyer Police Department
- East Chicago Police Department
- Gary Park Police Department
- Gary Police Department
- Griffith Police Department
- Hammond Police Department
- Highland Police Department
- Hobart Police Department
- Indiana University Northwest Police Department
- Lake County
- Lake County Prosecutor's Office
- Lake County Sheriff's Department
- Lake Station Police Department
- Merrillville Police Department
- Munster Police Department
- New Chicago Police Department
- Northwest Indiana Law Enforcement Academy (NILEA) in Hobart
- Purdue University Calumet Police Department
- Schererville Police Department
- Schneider Police Department
- St John Police Department
- Whiting Police Department
Cities in Lake County
- Cedar Lake Arrest Records
- Crown Point Arrest Records
- Dyer Arrest Records
- East Chicago Arrest Records
- Gary Arrest Records
- Griffith Arrest Records
- Hammond Arrest Records
- Hobart Arrest Records
- Lake Station Arrest Records
- Lowell Arrest Records
- Merrillville Arrest Records
- Munster Arrest Records
- Whiting Arrest Records