Sedgwick County, KS Arrest Records
Sedgwick County, KS is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.05 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Shawnee, Butler, Pottawatomie, Johnson, Franklin counties in Kansas.
Sedgwick County, KS property crime rate is 0.17 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 37 burglary related arrests in 2016 that increased by 105.56% compared to 2015.
Sedgwick County, KS Crime Rate
Total arrests in Sedgwick County in 2016 increased by 39.51% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 8 to 24 while non-violent crime increased by 21.92% from 73 to 89.
5 Crimes In Sedgwick County, KS in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||21|
Violent crime rate in Sedgwick County increased by 200% from 2015. In 2016 violent crime rate in Sedgwick County was 99% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.005%.
Property crime rates in Sedgwick County increased by 21.92% from 2015. In 2016 property crime rate in Sedgwick County was 99.39% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.017%.
How Sedgwick stands up against other counties
Sedgwick vs. Johnson
You’ll be in more safety in Sedgwick compared to Johnson county that had 105.44% higher crime rate compared to Sedgwick county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.0020 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0034 in Johnson county.
Larceny rates of 0.0605 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.2549 in Johnson county.
Sedgwick vs. Shawnee
You’ll be in more safety in Sedgwick compared to Shawnee county that had 2593.44% higher crime rate compared to Sedgwick county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.0020 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0393 in Shawnee county.
Arson rates of 0.0020 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0000 in Shawnee county.
Names with the most arrests in Sedgwick
Crime rate by age group, gender, and race
According to the records in Sedgwick, Kansas, the most crimes, that's 27.08% of all records in county are committed by the people aged between 51-60. Felonies are committed more by men. Misdemeanor records are popular among white population of the county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Sedgwick County is 0.99% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 0.06 daily crimes that occur in Sedgwick County.
- Sedgwick, KS is safer than Johnson.
- In Sedgwick County you have a 1 in 4531 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Sedgwick, KS have increased by 39.51%.
Sedgwick Police Departments
- Bel Aire Police Department
- Cheney Police Department
- Clearwater Police Department
- Colwich Police Department
- Derby Police Department
- Eastborough Police Department
- Goddard Police Department
- Goddard USD 265 Police Department
- Haysville Police Department
- Kechi Police Department
- Maize Police Department
- Maize USD 266 Police Department
- Mt. Hope Police Department
- Mulvane Police Department
- Park City Police Department
- Sedgwick County Sheriff's Office
- Valley Center Police Department
- Wichita Police Department
- Wichita State University Police Department