Greenup County, KY Arrest Records
Greenup County, KY is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.06 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Boone, McCracken, Warren, Laurel, Bullitt counties in Kentucky.
Greenup County, KY property crime rate is 1.23 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 19 burglary related arrests in 2016 that increased by 35.71% compared to 2015.
Greenup County, KY Crime Rate
Total arrests in Greenup County in 2016 decreased by 2.13% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes decreased from 4 to 2 while non-violent crime increased by 2.33% from 43 to 44.
5 Crimes In Greenup County, KY in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||7|
Violent crime rate in Greenup County decreased by 50% from 2015 and decreased by 77.78% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 9 to 2. In 2016 violent crime rate in Greenup County was 98.81% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.006%.
Property crime rates in Greenup County increased by 2.33% from 2015 and decreased by 24.14% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 58 to 44. In 2016 property crime rate in Greenup County was 95.69% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.123%.
How Greenup stands up against other counties
Greenup vs. Clark
You’ll be in more safety in Greenup compared to Clark county that had 368.36% higher crime rate compared to Greenup county according to the FBI.
Assault rates of 0.0557 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8422 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.2233 in Clark county.
Larceny rates of 0.5015 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and lower than average 2.6243 in Clark county.
Greenup vs. Whitley
You’ll be in more safety in Greenup compared to Whitley county that had 239.38% higher crime rate compared to Greenup county according to the FBI.
Robbery rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 1.3602 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0831 in Whitley county.
Burglary rates of 0.5294 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and lower than average 1.3852 in Whitley county.
Names with the most arrests in Greenup
Crime rate by age group, gender, and race
According to the records in Greenup, Kentucky, the most crimes, that's 32.78% of all records in county are committed by the people aged between 31-40. Felonies are committed more by men. Misdemeanor records are popular among white population of the county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Greenup County is 0.96% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 0.35 daily crimes that occur in Greenup County.
- Greenup, KY is safer than Clark.
- In Greenup County you have a 1 in 780 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Greenup, KY have decreased by 2.13%.
Greenup Police Departments
- Bellefonte Police Department
- City of Greenup Police Department
- Flatwoods Police Department
- Greenup County Detention Center
- Greenup County Sheriff's Office
- Greenup Police Department
- Greenup Police Department
- Raceland Police Department
- Russell Police Department
- South Shore Police Department
- Worthington Police Department
- Wurtland Police Department