Walker Police Department

  • Agency: Walker Police Department
  • Address: 13179 Burgess Avenue, Walker , 70785 LA
  • Chief: Hunter Grimes (Chief of Police)
Phone: (225) 664-3125
Fax: (225)664-6470

Walker Police Department is located at 13179 Burgess Avenue, Walker , 70785 LA. The Chief of Police of the department is Hunter Grimes. The Walker Police Department phone number is (225) 664-3125.

Walker Police Department News

Good morning! Fog early, then sunny. High 84. Becoming cloudy tonight. Low 66. Have a great day!

Walker Police & medical are working a crash with injuries at the intersection of Walker South & Florida Blvd. There is blockage EB, WB & NB. Use alt routes & avoid the area.

Walker Police are responding to a reported crash on Florida Blvd at Aster St. Watch for emergency vehicles.

Walker Police are responding to a crash in the North Roundabout. Watch for emergency vehicles.

DOTD is filling potholes on Walker South between Pendarvis & Florida Blvd. Watch for periodic lane closures.

Good morning! Foggy early, then sunny. High 83. Clear tonight. Low 58. Have a great day!

A train will be blocking the crossing at Corbin Ave until approx. 4:30 pm. Use Walker North or North Corbin as alt routes.

DEA NATIONAL RX TAKEBACK: Friends – Remember That today until 5 pm, the Walker Police Department will be participating in the DEA NATIONAL RX TAKEBACK PROGRAM. Bring your unused or expired prescription medications to the Walker Police Department at 13179 Burgess Ave in Walker. We will dispose of your unneeded prescription medications safely and in accordance with federal law. Please help keep your expired or unused prescription medications from being improperly disposed of, or from falling into the wrong hands by participating in this program. Please share this with your Facebook Friends.

Happy Friday! A Beauty today! Sunny. Hi 70. Football weather tonight. Clear. Low 50. Have a great day!

FRIENDS: Please remember to watch for school buses and STOP when the STOP signals are activated. Thank you!

DEA NATIONAL RX TAKEBACK: Friends – This Saturday, the Walker Police Department will be participating in the DEA NATIONAL RX TAKEBACK PROGRAM. From 8 am until 5 pm Saturday (10/27) bring your unused or expired prescription medications to the Walker Police Department at 13179 Burgess Ave in Walker. We will dispose of your unneeded prescription medications safely and in accordance with federal law. Please help keep your expired or unused prescription medications from being improperly disposed of, or from falling into the wrong hands by participating in this program. Please share this with your Facebook Friends, and we hope to see you Saturday!

An earlier crash on I-12 EB at Satsuma has traffic heavy EB before Juban. Traffic is also heavy on Walker South, south of I-12 into the South Roundabout. The crash at Satsuma has now been cleared, so traffic should resume flowing shortly.

Good morning! Rainy & nasty today. 90% chance of rain. High 76. Low tonight 57. 20% chance of rain. Be safe & have a great day!

DEA NATIONAL RX TAKEBACK: Friends – This Saturday, the Walker Police Department will be participating in the DEA NATIONAL RX TAKEBACK PROGRAM. From 8 am until 5 pm Saturday (10/27) bring your unused or expired prescription medications to the Walker Police Department at 13179 Burgess Ave in Walker. We will dispose of your unneeded prescription medications safely and in accordance with federal law. Please help keep your expired or unused prescription medications from being improperly disposed of, or from falling into the wrong hands by participating in this program. Please share this with your Facebook Friends, and we hope to see you Saturday!

Walker Police are responding to a crash in the south roundabout. Watch for emergency vehicles.

Good morning! Partly cloudy today. High 74. Becoming cloudy tonight. 60% chance of rain. Low 65. Have a great day!

DEA NATIONAL RX TAKEBACK: Friends – This Saturday, the Walker Police Department will be participating in the DEA NATIONAL RX TAKEBACK PROGRAM. From 8 am until 5 pm Saturday (10/27) bring your unused or expired prescription medications to the Walker Police Department at 13179 Burgess Ave in Walker. We will dispose of your unneeded prescription medications safely and in accordance with federal law. Please help keep your expired or unused prescription medications from being improperly disposed of, or from falling into the wrong hands by participating in this program. Please share this with your Facebook Friends, and we hope to see you Saturday!

Florida Blvd just west of Burgess Ave will have intermittent closures beginning at 10 am while a power line is extended across the road. Expect brief delays.

Good morning! Cloudy today. 70% chance of rain. High 73. Cloudy tonight. 30% chance of rain. Low 62. Have a great day!

Walker Police is responding to a crash in the south roundabout. Watch for emergency vehicles.

Good morning! Partly sunny today. High 73. Becoming cloudy tonight. Low 58. Have a great day!

Tree trimming is underway along Florida Blvd eastbound near JR Drive, just east of Walker South. EB traffic is being flagged around the work. Expect brief EB delays.

Good morning! Partly sunny today. High 73. Becoming cloudy tonight. Low 58. Have a great day!

Walker Police are responding to a crash on Burgess Ave at Peak Lane. Watch for emergency vehicles.

Happy Friday! Sunny today. High 86. Mostly cloudy tonight. Low 68. Have a great day!