Jefferson County, LA Arrest Records
Jefferson County, LA is among the safest counties in the USA with 3.64 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has higher total crime rate than Tangipahoa, Calcasieu, Ouachita, Rapides, Terrebonne counties in Louisiana.
Jefferson County, LA property crime rate is 25.70 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 9,009 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 2.27% compared to 2015.
Jefferson County, LA Crime Rate
Total arrests in Jefferson County in 2016 decreased by 4.98% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes decreased from 1,688 to 1,590 while non-violent crime decreased by 4.86% from 11,790 to 11,217.
5 Crimes In Jefferson County, LA in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||705|
Violent crime rate in Jefferson County decreased by 5.81% from 2015 and decreased by 12.11% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 1,809 to 1,590. In 2016 violent crime rate in Jefferson County was 22.38% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.364%.
Property crime rates in Jefferson County decreased by 4.86% from 2015 and decreased by 13.9% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 13,028 to 11,217. In 2016 property crime rate in Jefferson County was 9.6% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 2.57%.
How Jefferson stands up against other counties
Jefferson vs. Caddo
You’ll be in more risk in Jefferson compared to Caddo county that had 87.99% lower crime rate compared to Jefferson county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.1512 per 1,000 people is higher than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0080 in Caddo county.
Arson rates of 0.1352 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0080 in Caddo county.
Jefferson vs. Lafayette
You’ll be in more risk in Jefferson compared to Lafayette county that had 72.64% lower crime rate compared to Jefferson county according to the FBI.
Murder rates of 0.1008 per 1,000 people is higher than national of 0.0614 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0414 in Lafayette county.
Burglary rates of 3.4431 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and higher than average 1.4540 in Lafayette county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Jefferson County is 0.11% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 8.04 daily crimes that occur in Jefferson County.
- Jefferson, LA is more violent than Caddo.
- In Jefferson County you have a 1 in 34 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Jefferson, LA have decreased by 4.98%.
Jefferson Police Departments
- Child Support Enforcement
- East Jefferson Levee District Police Department
- Elton Police Department
- Fenton Police Department
- Grand Isle Police Department
- Gretna Police Department
- Harahan Police Department
- Jean Lafitte Police Department
- Jefferson Davis Parish Sheriff's Office
- Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office
- Jefferson/St. Tammany Causeway Police
- Jennings Police Department
- Kenner Police Department
- Lafitte Police Department
- Lake Arthur Police Department
- Welsh Police Department
- Westwego Police Department