Caribou, ME Arrest Records
Caribou, ME is among the safest cities in the USA with 1.03 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 average. It is the 57th safest city in Maine among the 102 cities.
Caribou, ME property crime has lower rate than the national average of 28.42, with 16.26 average property crimes recorded in 2016 of which 92 larceny theft related arrests that decreased by 18.58% compared to 2015.
Caribou Crime Rate
Total arrests in Caribou 2016 decreased by 11.26% compared to 2015 and has lower crime rate than national average of 33.12. Violent crimes increased from 4 to 8 while non-violent crime decreased by 14.29% from 147 to 126.
5 Crimes In Caribou, ME in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||9|
Other Cities in Maine with the Most Arrests
Among the 102 cities in state the most dangerous is Portland with 196 violent crimes that’s 15.63% of total of 1,254. Mexico has the highest number of records per 1,000 people that is above the state average of 22 and higher than national average of 33.
Safest Cities in Maine
Are you planning a move to Maine? Here are the safest cities in Maine with the lowest arrest rates. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime in Caribou is 1 out of 653 down by 0.03% compared to previous year. The lowest rate of violent crime is in Brewer and the safest city to encounter a property crime is in Cumberland.
Violent crime rate in Caribou increased by 100% from 2015 and increased by 100% during the last 5 years since 2011 from 4 to 8. In 2016 violent crime rate in Caribou was 77.99% lower than the national average. Your chances of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.103%.
Property crime rate in Caribou decreased by 14.29% from 2015 and decreased by 23.17% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 164 to 126. In 2016 property crime rate in Caribou was 42.78% lower than the national rate. Your chances of being a victim of property crime is 1.626%.
How Caribou stands up against other cities
Caribou vs. Ellsworth
You’ll be in more safety in Caribou compared to Ellsworth that had 81.93% higher crime rate compared to Caribou according to the FBI.
Assault rates of 0.9036 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 2.8422 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.3807 in Ellsworth city.
Burglary rates of 3.2271 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and lower than average 3.9335 in Ellsworth.
Caribou vs. Old Town
You’ll be in more safety in Caribou compared to Old Town that had 2.16% higher crime rate compared to Caribou according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and the same as average 0.0000 in Old Town city.
Larceny rates of 11.8756 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 20.5437 per 1,000 people and lower than average 13.3193 in Old Town.
Names with the most arrests in Caribou
Crime rate by age group, gender, and race
According to the matching records on PoliceArrests.com 100% are people aged between 31-40.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Caribou is 0.48% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 4.74 daily crimes that occur in Caribou.
- Caribou is safer than Ellsworth.
- In Caribou you have a 1 in 58 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Caribou have decreased by 11.26%.
Latest Arrest and Mugshot from Caribou, ME
DUSTIN KEVIN GILES
- Date of Birth: 08-02-1985 00:00:00
- Arrest Date: 01-24-2020 09:04:00
- Age: 34
- Sex: Male
- Height: 600
- Weight: 205
- Eye: Blue
- Place of Birth: Maine
- Address: CARIBOU, ME
- State: Maine
- Total Bond:
- Booking Date: 2020-01-24 09:04:00
- Summary: On January 24, 2020, Somerset County Law Enforcement arrested 34-year-old Dustin Kevin Giles for ELUDING AN OFFICER (SENTENCED), FAILURE TO STOP (SENTENCED) in Somerset, Maine. He is 600 tall, weighs 205 and has blue eyes. ELUDING AN OFFICER (SENTENCED), FAILURE TO STOP (SENTENCED) is a offense but all suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Information about upcoming court dates for Giles may be obtained from one of the following law enforcement or prosecuting agencies: Somerset County Law Enforcement.