Kennebec County, ME Arrest Records
Kennebec County, ME is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.22 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Lincoln, Somerset, York, Cumberland, Oxford counties in Maine.
Kennebec County, ME property crime rate is 1.47 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 99 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 24.43% compared to 2015.
Kennebec County, ME Crime Rate
Total arrests in Kennebec County in 2016 decreased by 26.45% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 16 to 26 while non-violent crime decreased by 31.92% from 260 to 177.
5 Crimes In Kennebec County, ME in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||18|
Violent crime rate in Kennebec County increased by 62.5% from 2015 and increased by 160% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 10 to 26. In 2016 violent crime rate in Kennebec County was 95.4% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.022%.
Property crime rates in Kennebec County decreased by 31.92% from 2015 and decreased by 61.52% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 460 to 177. In 2016 property crime rate in Kennebec County was 94.84% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.147%.
How Kennebec stands up against other counties
Kennebec vs. Androscoggin
You’ll be in more risk in Kennebec compared to Androscoggin county that had 24.73% lower crime rate compared to Kennebec county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.0664 per 1,000 people is higher than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0559 in Androscoggin county.
Burglary rates of 0.4976 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.3541 in Androscoggin county.
Kennebec vs. Penobscot
You’ll be in more safety in Kennebec compared to Penobscot county that had 34.98% higher crime rate compared to Kennebec county according to the FBI.
Rape rates of 0.0664 per 1,000 people is higher than national of 0.0199 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.0066 in Penobscot county.
Burglary rates of 0.4976 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.7707 in Penobscot county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in Kennebec County is 0.95% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 0.46 daily crimes that occur in Kennebec County.
- Kennebec, ME is more violent than Androscoggin.
- In Kennebec County you have a 1 in 594 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in Kennebec, ME have decreased by 26.45%.
Kennebec Police Departments
- Augusta Police Department
- Bureau of Capitol Security
- Gardiner Police Department
- Hallowell Police Department
- Kennebec County Sheriff's Office
- Maine Department of Conservation
- Maine Department of Corrections
- Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife
- Maine Department of Marine Resources
- Maine Department of Public Safety
- Maine Drug Enforcement Agency
- Maine Forest Service
- Maine State Fire Marshal
- Maine State Police
- Marine Patrol
- Oakland Police Department
- Waterville Police Department
- Winslow Police Department
- Winthrop Police Department