York County, ME Arrest Records
York County, ME is among the safest counties in the USA with 0.13 per 1,000 residents crime rate compared to national 4.69 per 1,000 average. It has lower total crime rate than Lincoln, Somerset, Cumberland, Oxford, Knox counties in Maine.
York County, ME property crime rate is 1.61 per 1,000 residents, lower rate than national average of 28.42 per 1,000. There were 176 larceny theft related arrests in 2016 that decreased by 24.14% compared to 2015.
York County, ME Crime Rate
Total arrests in York County in 2016 decreased by 6.13% compared to 2015 and is lower than national average of 33.12 per 1,000 people. Violent crimes increased from 23 to 26 while non-violent crime decreased by 7.39% from 352 to 326.
5 Crimes In York County, ME in 2016 with the Most Arrests
|Motor vehicle theft||8|
Violent crime rate in York County increased by 13.04% from 2015 and decreased by 31.58% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 38 to 26. In 2016 violent crime rate in York County was 97.26% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of a violent crime is 0.013%.
Property crime rates in York County decreased by 7.39% from 2015 and decreased by 30.79% in the last 5 years since 2011 from 471 to 326. In 2016 property crime rate in York County was 94.33% lower than the national average. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is 0.161%.
How York stands up against other counties
York vs. Penobscot
You’ll be in more safety in York compared to Penobscot county that had 30.64% higher crime rate compared to York county according to the FBI.
Murder rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0614 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0000 in Penobscot county.
Arson rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.1465 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0066 in Penobscot county.
York vs. Kennebec
You’ll be in more risk in York compared to Kennebec county that had 3.22% lower crime rate compared to York county according to the FBI.
Murder rates of 0.0000 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 0.0614 per 1,000 people and lower than average 0.0166 in Kennebec county.
Burglary rates of 0.7018 per 1,000 people is lower than national of 5.0167 per 1,000 people and higher than average 0.4976 in Kennebec county.
DID you know?
- The overall crime rate in York County is 0.95% lower than the national average.
- For every 1,000 residents, there are 0.48 daily crimes that occur in York County.
- York, ME is safer than Penobscot.
- In York County you have a 1 in 575 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- Year over year crimes in York, ME have decreased by 6.13%.
York Police Departments
- Berwick Police Department
- Biddeford Police Department
- Buxton Police Department
- Eliot Police Department
- Kennebunk Police Department
- Kennebunkport Police Department
- Kittery Police Department
- North Berwick Police Department
- Ogunquit Police Department
- Old Orchard Beach Police Department
- Saco Police Department
- Sanford Police Department
- South Berwick Police Department
- Wells Police Department
- York County Sheriff's Department
- York Police Department
Cities in York County
- Berwick Arrest Records
- Biddeford Arrest Records
- Buxton Arrest Records
- Eliot Arrest Records
- Kennebunk Arrest Records
- Kennebunkport Arrest Records
- Kittery Arrest Records
- North Berwick Arrest Records
- Ogunquit Arrest Records
- Old Orchard Beach Arrest Records
- Saco Arrest Records
- Sanford Arrest Records
- South Berwick Arrest Records
- Wells Arrest Records
- York Arrest Records